Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

ATQOTD

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• IMScotty wrote:

ha, ha. The post above is why I love this group.
      Thank you for that RHJanes.
      DER are RULES!! YOU must ADHERE to all (my) RULES!! OR ZE Thru HIKE IS KA-PUT! You POZERS! I have De THOUSANDS of Peoples AGREE WIDTH ME!! I HAVE DA Video's with TOTAL AGREEMENT WITH ME!!! We have Hanz and Franz now in DA office managing a staff of 17 WORKERS who will CHECK and Triple Check DA PAPERS!!! YOU WILL HAVE DA PAPERS! OR DA Thru Hike is KAPUT!!! YA will Sleep in bunk 11 in DA Hostel or Da THRU HIKE IS KA-PUT!! If You attempt to escap....SLEEP IN DA HOSTEL without permission! DA THRU HIKE IS KAPUT!!! IF you ATTEMPT to buy extra food without permission, DA THRU HIKE IS KAPUT!!! We are WATCHING!!! All MUST adhere or Yor THRU HIKE IS KA-PUT!!!
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork

The post was edited 1 time, last by rhjanes ().

• I believe this is near where Coach Lou helped build a lot of stone steps. :)

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Oct 27, 2023 ⛺
      My answer today was – CORRECT
      Total questions answered – 388
      Total answers correct – 384
      Percentage answers correct – 99%
      Longest correct streak – 261
      hykeroo.com/atqotd #hykerooatqotd
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Major clue in the photo...lists the parkway and if you happen to know where that is......

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Oct 27, 2023 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 600
      Total answers correct – 551
      Percentage answers correct – 92%
      Longest correct streak – 53
    • today's is a bogus statistic. They just divide feet of elevation gain by 29,000 ft (height of Everest). But an everest climb doesn't start at sea level. You probably fly into the Lukla Airport and start from there. But once you get to base camp, you don't just climb. You spend weeks going up and down to acclimate to altitude. So who knows hom much elevation an Everest hike really is?
    • odd man out wrote:

today's is a bogus statistic. They just divide feet of elevation gain by 29,000 ft (height of Everest). But an everest climb doesn't start at sea level. You probably fly into the Lukla Airport and start from there. But once you get to base camp, you don't just climb. You spend weeks going up and down to acclimate to altitude. So who knows hom much elevation an Everest hike really is?
      May be so, but I repeat it every semester when I do my presentation on the AT as a project, so I am sticking with it. Just did it Monday. :)
    • rhjanes wrote:

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Oct 29, 2023 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 602
      Total answers correct – 553
      Remember the steep downhill into to town more than the river. Stayed at the Doyle, and after looking at the sheets wondered if I should sleep in my camp clothes or hiking clothes. :rolleyes:
    • when I was in college, my roommate was a TA for a class. He was grading a stack of exams so he gave me a blank one to take. I passed the multiple choice test with one simple algorithm - just pick the longest answer. It seemed the prof invested little effort in writing the wrong options on the multiple choice. Worked again on today's AT question (although I didn't need it - I've read the book on the history of the AT)
    • I don't believe I've seen today's question before. "In what publication did..."

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Oct 30, 2023 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 603
      Total answers correct – 554
    • rhjanes wrote:

I don't believe I've seen today's question before. "In what publication did..."

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Oct 30, 2023 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 603
      Total answers correct – 554
      First time I had seen it too. Doubt I could done fill in the blank of entire title, but easy as multiple choice. :)
    • odd man out wrote:

when I was in college, my roommate was a TA for a class. He was grading a stack of exams so he gave me a blank one to take. I passed the multiple choice test with one simple algorithm - just pick the longest answer. It seemed the prof invested little effort in writing the wrong options on the multiple choice. Worked again on today's AT question (although I didn't need it - I've read the book on the history of the AT)
      The old "too long to be wrong".
    • rhjanes wrote:

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Oct 31, 2023 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 604
      Total answers correct – 555
      Been there 3 times. Totally different weather each time. :)
    • It's not "all flat", but SNP is so nice, I did it again in 2022. :)

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Nov 1, 2023 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 393
      Total answers correct – 389
      Percentage answers correct – 99%
      Longest correct streak – 261
    • rhjanes wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

DER are RULES!! YOU must ADHERE to all (my) RULES!! OR ZE Thru HIKE IS KA-PUT! You POZERS! I have De THOUSANDS of Peoples AGREE WIDTH ME!! I HAVE DA Video's with TOTAL AGREEMENT WITH ME!!! We have Hanz and Franz now in DA office managing a staff of 17 WORKERS who will CHECK and Triple Check DA PAPERS!!! YOU WILL HAVE DA PAPERS! OR DA Thru Hike is KAPUT!!! YA will Sleep in bunk 11 in DA Hostel or Da THRU HIKE IS KA-PUT!! If You attempt to escap....SLEEP IN DA HOSTEL without permission! DA THRU HIKE IS KAPUT!!! IF you ATTEMPT to buy extra food without permission, DA THRU HIKE IS KAPUT!!! We are WATCHING!!! All MUST adhere or Yor THRU HIKE IS KA-PUT!!!
      so what ever happened to that guy? Looks like all the fb groups removed his posts. Wonder if he's still ranting over on reddit or something.
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • Sarcasmtheelf wrote:

rhjanes wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

so what ever happened to that guy? Looks like all the fb groups removed his posts. Wonder if he's still ranting over on reddit or something.
      HE WAS FOUND WITHOUT DA PAPERS! He is now in Gulag number 13.

I'm on a few AT FB Groups but never saw his posts anywhere but here.
    • VERY easy question today....Up your counts.... (which state has the shortest miles). Ohio isn't listed. Neither is Texas....

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Nov 8, 2023 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 612
      Total answers correct – 562
    • rhjanes wrote:

VERY easy question today....Up your counts.... (which state has the shortest miles). Ohio isn't listed. Neither is Texas....

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – Nov 8, 2023 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 612
      Total answers correct – 562
      Now I have Country Roads stuck in my head.
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.