Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Christmas 2021

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Season's Upon Us...

Doing something we've never done - heading to a warm climate for the week. Son and his fiancé are working in Tampa and don't have time off to fly north. Daughter packed up everything non-essential and put it into a container bound for Austin. So...WTF. We're all driving to Tampa this Thursday and spending the holidays in shorts.

Directions are pretty easy - Get on I-75 South a few miles from my house, get off I-75 in Tampa and drive a few miles to the Airbnb. Stopping overnight in Kennesaw GA.

Merry Christmas y'all!
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Clingmans Dome and Max Patch NC to Gorham NH

"The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are pretty good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard
    • StalkingTortoise wrote:

The Season's Upon Us...

Doing something we've never done - heading to a warm climate for the week. Son and his fiancé are working in Tampa and don't have time off to fly north. Daughter packed up everything non-essential and put it into a container bound for Austin. So...WTF. We're all driving to Tampa this Thursday and spending the holidays in shorts.

Directions are pretty easy - Get on I-75 South a few miles from my house, get off I-75 in Tampa and drive a few miles to the Airbnb. Stopping overnight in Kennesaw GA.

Merry Christmas y'all!
      Hanging out with MaxPatch in Kennesaw, GA?
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

StalkingTortoise wrote:

The Season's Upon Us...

Merry Christmas y'all!
      Hanging out with MaxPatch in Kennesaw, GA?
      I oughtta. Max, you around Thursday evening? Staying near the REI Store.
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Clingmans Dome and Max Patch NC to Gorham NH

"The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are pretty good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard
    • I'll be crossing the AT on I 77 near Bland on Christmas Eve en route to Raleigh. Wife says one of my gifts has not arrived and shows no sign of even being shipped but won't tell me what it is. I asked for a bunch of hiking gear so we shall see. I suspect there is a "disruption in the supply chain", although it's possible I'm on the naughty list.
    • odd man out wrote:

I'll be crossing the AT on I 77 near Bland on Christmas Eve en route to Raleigh. Wife says one of my gifts has not arrived and shows no sign of even being shipped but won't tell me what it is. I asked for a bunch of hiking gear so we shall see. I suspect there is a "disruption in the supply chain", although it's possible I'm on the naughty list.
      I always look over at the Big Walker Motel as I head down I-77 at Bland. Knocked off a 22-miler from the Chestnut Knob Shelter to Route 52 and shuttler Bubba took us to Subway then the motel for the night.

Biggest mistake of that hike - only ordering one footlong sub.

• LIhikers wrote:

I want to take this opportunity to wish a special Christmas season to everyone here at the cafe. Be happy and health.
      Amen. Good health and contentment to all in the coming New Year.