Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Cedar Ridge Outdoors Synthetic Quilt

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cedar Ridge Outdoors Synthetic Quilt

I finally got around to trying out the new quilt. I paired this with a wide/long Nemo pad and large Kylmit X pillow. The quilt opened up is 45" at the foot and 54" at the head and about 75 1/2"in length stretched. It was called the "UP Quilt" when I ordered it and now it's called the "Synergy Quilt". This was ordered as a Wide Regular.
      It does have a very down like feel to it. It stuffs in a stuff sack at 8"x14" and in the picture I compressed it to 8"x7" and it could be compressed further. There is no zipper on the footbox, just a series of snaps at 4" up to 24" from the bottom. There is a draw cord at the bottom to close the foot and another at the head end to close it around your shoulders and a double snap. There are two shock cords with two adjustable loops to attach the quilt to the pad. The only thing I don't like is that the draw cord at the head end ends up behind your head which makes it a little difficult to close. EE quilts have the cord ends so that they are right at your chin when you are on your back. Sorry I forgot to weigh it, but it's light, somewhere around 30 oz would be my guess.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference

The post was edited 1 time, last by jimmyjam ().

• max.patch wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I paired this with a wide/long Nemo pad and large Kylmit X pillow.
      Is that pillow as comfortable as it looks?
      I have a thermarest type.
      The good news is that it's small.
      The bad news is that it's too small.
      I don't know, I just got that pillow too. From Best Buy of all places and I thought they just sold electronics. But I think I'll like the pillow, it seems to stay put under my head- in the living room anyway. But I'll get out for an overnighter, weather and temperature permitting, in February for a real field test.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • odd man out wrote:

I like my quilt, but I can't sleep with my head exposed like that. I pull the quilt up over my head.
      I'll only do that if I am really freezing, water vapor creates its own problems.
      Most nights wearing my wool beanie to bed is enough to keep my head warm.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • I love my topquilt and underquilt from cedar ridge. I tried my underquilt on my XLC and dutchware chameleon wide. Both no problem. Sleep warm. Both UQ and TQ are rated at 20. Tested down to 17F this winter. Warm with no problem. I used the topquilt in my Draumr 3.0 with winter mat and down to 23f no issues. I have many Hammock gear quilts and love them but wanted a synthetic option for wet areas. Both my cedar ridge quilts at “UP” quilts.
    • Toje wrote:

I love my topquilt and underquilt from cedar ridge. I tried my underquilt on my XLC and dutchware chameleon wide. Both no problem. Sleep warm. Both UQ and TQ are rated at 20. Tested down to 17F this winter. Warm with no problem. I used the topquilt in my Draumr 3.0 with winter mat and down to 23f no issues. I have many Hammock gear quilts and love them but wanted a synthetic option for wet areas. Both my cedar ridge quilts at “UP” quilts.
      Toje,
      Welcome to the Cafe.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • I finally got around to weighing the Cedar Ridge quilt this afternoon. 33 oz in the stuff sack with the two pad attachment straps, so I was right on target with my guess of 30 oz. I'm pleased with the weight and purchase and can't wait to try it out. For comparison, my EE quilt rated at 20* was 20 oz but that's a "survival rating" and I was cold in it at anywhere near that temp even with thermals, gloves, socks, hat, and my coat as a blanket. My EE 10* which I got to replace the EE 20 weighs 32oz and it's probably comfortable to 20* which is what this Cedar Ridge is supposed to be rated to. So we will see.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • I think Warren puts the shoulder cinch cord behind your head so that it doesn't dangle in your face- and that makes sense. More than once I've had the EE cord fall on my face while sleeping and wake up thinking a mouse or something has crawled on my face, so I think I'll get used to being behind my head and probably like it better.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference