Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

18 Best Hikes California to Maine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Astro wrote:

I need to get out more. :)
      Only done 1 of 18, although I was close to Charlie's Bunion. Will need to pick that up some time I am in NC.
      I have be on or near several, but not necessarily the whole trail. Part of the AT in SNP, was on the opposite side of Mt Rainier NP from Burroughs Mtn, part of the Halemau'u trail, went up Clingmans dome but not Charlie's Bunion , have done quite a bit of the C&O canal, but not by Great Falls, did the Petroglyph Wall last Feb, did a tiny bit of the south rim in 1970, hiked up to Grinell lake and watched some people get chased by a grizzly on the Glacier trail on the other side, hiked a loop into Bryce, Zion (lower pool), Trail Ridge Rd in RMNP in 1970 but didn't hike, Point Lobos loop, Mist Trail to the first falls but didn't get up Half Dome.
    • jimmyjam wrote:

I've done 3. could have done 4 but it was foggy the morning we left Icewater Spring shelter, so we didn't take the side trail to the Bunion.
      My reason for skipping is that there was bear activity that had been closing down one of the shelters I was already having to do like a 15 mile day the first day back on the trail. So I figured my dad's house is only an hour away. Haven't caught it yet, but will some day.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General