Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

PIF...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BB just made a custom stove for my son from a bottle I sent him, and in return I told him I would make him my version of a Survival Bracelet, made from old skool Bozeman Mountain Works Air-Core Pro Dyneema, the 2mm stuff... He said "PIF" as he has one... Sooo, I will, and would like to make one for a newer Hiker... Mine has been part of my EDC since 2005(mine is made with their 1.8mm Dyneema) Let me know if ur interested... Since this cordage has NO stretch, I recommend you measure ur wrist with 2 fingers on top to make sure its long enough... This is what it will look like, but I think I have Green Nite-Ize Paracord, or maybe Purple now...

1 Fish, 2 Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish...
    • Toli wrote:

BB just made a custom stove for my son from a bottle I sent him, and in return I told him I would make him my version of a Survival Bracelet, made from old skool Bozeman Mountain Works Air-Core Pro Dyneema, the 2mm stuff... He said "PIF" as he has one... Sooo, I will, and would like to make one for a newer Hiker... Mine has been part of my EDC since 2005(mine is made with their 1.8mm Dyneema) Let me know if ur interested... Since this cordage has NO stretch, I recommend you measure ur wrist with 2 fingers on top to make sure its long enough... This is what it will look like, but I think I have Green Nite-Ize Paracord, or maybe Purple now...

I have one of Shellie's and like BB, would feel greedy getting another. However, I'd like to nominate Ewok if she doesn't have one.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Toli wrote:

BB just made a custom stove for my son from a bottle I sent him, and in return I told him I would make him my version of a Survival Bracelet, made from old skool Bozeman Mountain Works Air-Core Pro Dyneema, the 2mm stuff... He said "PIF" as he has one... Sooo, I will, and would like to make one for a newer Hiker... Mine has been part of my EDC since 2005(mine is made with their 1.8mm Dyneema) Let me know if ur interested... Since this cordage has NO stretch, I recommend you measure ur wrist with 2 fingers on top to make sure its long enough... This is what it will look like, but I think I have Green Nite-Ize Paracord, or maybe Purple now...

I have one of Shellie's and like BB, would feel greedy getting another. However, I'd like to nominate Ewok if she doesn't have one.

Great idea. Everyone needs to be safe out there.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Toli wrote:

That's fine with me... I would deff like to make one for someone who does not already have one, and appreciate you and BB not being "Bracelet hogs" lol... gif.004
    • Toli wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Toli wrote:

That's fine with me... I would deff like to make one for someone who does not already have one, and appreciate you and BB not being "Bracelet hogs" lol... gif.004

I pm'd Ewok...I hope she doesn't mind me suggesting her for the bracelet. gif.002 :)
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Toli wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Toli wrote:

I pm'd Ewok...I hope she doesn't mind me suggesting her for the bracelet. gif.002 :)

I have not heard from her TJ... Offer still stands for someone...
    • Toli wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Toli wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Toli wrote:

I have not heard from her TJ... Offer still stands for someone...

Neither have I. Surely someone needs a bracelet.
    • Toli wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Toli wrote:

Thanks for the offer Toli, I actually made one last year, but don't wear em, just wanted to try and weave/tie one. I'm going to re-purpose it into a set of 'Ranger Beads" for keeping pace count, been fooling around with a compass, something I've wanted to get back into.
    • Toli wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

Someone better speak up soon. I am about ready to become a BraHo. I have been itching to coin that term.

That's aboot funny... I feel bad BB, the deal was I would make you a bracelet and you would make my son a stove, and now I'm just hangin' :blush:

Well I should take it then. It would be a reminder of your son. SS made me one at 7.5". It is snug but will wear good I suspect. I like green. Maybe I will design another stove and send it later.
    • rocksNsocks wrote:

Toli wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

Someone better speak up soon. I am about ready to become a BraHo. I have been itching to coin that term.

That's aboot funny... I feel bad BB, the deal was I would make you a bracelet and you would make my son a stove, and now I'm just hangin' :blush:
      weave him a survival bra.

...BB what's your cup size?

• BirdBrain wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Toli wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

weave him a survival bra.

...BB what's your cup size?

gif.004 well played
    • BirdBrain wrote:

Toli wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

Well I should take it then. It would be a reminder of your son. SS made me one at 7.5". It is snug but will wear good I suspect. I like green. Maybe I will design another stove and send it later.

Awesome brother, done deal... I will make it a smidge longer, as it REALLY has no stretch at all... I do have some green Nite-Ize cordage I will use... I already told you if want a "field tester" for ur stove designs just let me know... Working on a post for ur Alchy stove thread right now...
    • Toli wrote:

Ewok11 wrote:

See what happens when you have a life and can't get on here??? I appreciate the offer even though I found it too late.

If it is OK with BB, I will make it for you EWOK, I know he already has one... You guys figure it out and let me know...

The EWOK should get it. But dont think this frees you from receiving another stove. Your son has one, but you don't. I am messing around with a new concept. If I get somewhere, you will get one. If not, you will get one of my current design.
    • BirdBrain wrote:

Toli wrote:

Ewok11 wrote:

See what happens when you have a life and can't get on here??? I appreciate the offer even though I found it too late.

If it is OK with BB, I will make it for you EWOK, I know he already has one... You guys figure it out and let me know...

The EWOK should get it. But dont think this frees you from receiving another stove. Your son has one, but you don't. I am messing around with a new concept. If I get somewhere, you will get one. If not, you will get one of my current design.

That would be awesome... I use some form of Alcohol Stove almost every day, and can give you plenty of feedback... Tho, I'm all ways doing it wrong ;)
    • rocksNsocks wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

Found a West Virginian coming to WA to hike the Bib Track (via trailjournals).
      Paying back some of my AT trail magic when he gets here late March.
      :)
      Well there ya go Mr. Ambassador.

Oz last night I watched a documentary on the toad problem in Australia...yikes

Yeah they're not in my neck of the woods but all through tropics area, headed my way.
      Last thing I saw on them they are getting much better at stopping them.
      Bufo Marinus is the latin name. I remember cutting one up in my Biology classes back in 1974. Pretty fugly creature.
      Resident Australian, proving being a grumpy old man is not just an American trait.
    • OzJacko wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

Found a West Virginian coming to WA to hike the Bib Track (via trailjournals).
      Paying back some of my AT trail magic when he gets here late March.
      :)
      Well there ya go Mr. Ambassador.

Oz last night I watched a documentary on the toad problem in Australia...yikes

Yeah they're not in my neck of the woods but all through tropics area, headed my way.
      Last thing I saw on them they are getting much better at stopping them.
      Bufo Marinus is the latin name. I remember cutting one up in my Biology classes back in 1974. Pretty fugly creature.
      yeah that's what they said, many groups go out and catch em....by the thousands and thousands, and one fella is turn em into toad fertilizer called "Toad Juice" I think
    • jimmyjam wrote:

A big thank you to MilkMan and Shuttle Shellie for my Cafe Survival Bracelet. Very nice and a patriotic red, white and blue to boot!!!! gif.014

That's all SS's doing JJ but thanks for the thanks and a re-thank for the rock sack. Gave it a whirl a few days ago and it worked great. Chances of me getting hung up in the trees just got a lot less.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.