Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

California Fires impacted a cottage gear person

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• California Fires impacted a cottage gear person

If any of you know or have purchased gear from "Kat", her home in California has burned in the fires.
      There is a GoFundMe, which quickly went over the amount people were seeking to assist her and her husband. If you are on Backpacking Light you probably already saw this and perhaps donated.
      There are several write ups about what all they are doing. Her husband Chris is a mechanic and he is moving trucks and keeping generators running for the fire fighters.
      I've purchased several Mesh Tarp Sleeves from her for my hammock tarp, over the years.
      Here's the link to the GoFundMe

gofundme.com/f/helping-kat-and…heet&utm_medium=copy_link

And to her regular website.

outdoortrailgear.com/cottage-industries/mountaingoatgear/
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    • rhjanes wrote:

If any of you know or have purchased gear from "Kat", her home in California has burned in the fires.
      There is a GoFundMe, which quickly went over the amount people were seeking to assist her and her husband. If you are on Backpacking Light you probably already saw this and perhaps donated.
      There are several write ups about what all they are doing. Her husband Chris is a mechanic and he is moving trucks and keeping generators running for the fire fighters.
      I've purchased several Mesh Tarp Sleeves from her for my hammock tarp, over the years.
      Here's the link to the GoFundMe

gofundme.com/f/helping-kat-and…heet&utm_medium=copy_link

And to her regular website.

outdoortrailgear.com/cottage-industries/mountaingoatgear/
      Done. Kat knitted my favorite hiking beanie. Hope she bounces back from this quickly.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier