Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Liz Anjos "Mercury" FKT Attempt

• odd man out wrote:

Astro wrote:

odd man out wrote:

I've had PF too. I probably should stretch but I never remeber to. Haven't had a flare up for several years now. Seems to be show related for me.
      "Show" related? ?( Planning a second career on Broadway? :D
      shoe related. When I wear dress shoes to see Hamilton, it flares up.
      Maybe that was it! We saw Hamilton last year in person here in Big-D, but watched it on Disney+ just a few weeks ago!! Maybe that caused the PF!?!?
      Actually, the shoes.....With Covid, we went back to walking every night, 2 miles. I'd do 3 but our neighbor walks with us. A few days a week, I was taking the dog on a 3 mile forest hike in addition. I walk on the outside of my heals, yes I have orthotics. AND I let my shoes wear out (I can tell when the outside heals are worn smooth). A few weeks after I first thought "Well, shoot, wore these out quicker with the walking on the concrete trails", and Did NOT get new shoes....here I am dealing with PF.
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    • rhjanes wrote:

They are still moving north but accepting no records are within reach.
      I have no use for Doyle, but I was rooting that she would be successful.

I wonder if another attempt is in the cards. Knowing that she was ahead of JPD and Springbean for 3 weeks despite battling shin splints since day 1 gives her something to think about.
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

rhjanes wrote:

They are still moving north but accepting no records are within reach.
      I have no use for Doyle, but I was rooting that she would be successful.
      I wonder if another attempt is in the cards. Knowing that she was ahead of JPD and Springbean for 3 weeks despite battling shin splints since day 1 gives her something to think about.
      the Blog posts, sort of bothered me. Why did every page, on the bottom, tout Mr. Doyle's hikes?

Today's (7/28/2020) posts includes:
      "After 21 days, Mercury covered 971.1 miles a 46.2 mpd average"

I'd still be at the 200 mile, maybe a bit more, mark.
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    • rhjanes wrote:

the Blog posts, sort of bothered me. Why did every page, on the bottom, tout Mr. Doyle's hikes?

You know why, because of his monster ego. It is no coincidence he called himself 'Jupiter' the largest of the planets.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • IMScotty wrote:

rhjanes wrote:

You know why, because of his monster ego. It is no coincidence he called himself 'Jupiter' the largest of the planets.
      Jupiter also has 79 moons rotating around it. :)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

rhjanes wrote:

Jupiter also has 79 moons rotating around it. :)
      And you can't spell 'morons' without moons...
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Winding Stair Gap NC, Max Patch to Franconia Notch NH and the Gale River Trail to Pinkham Notch NH.
    • Not to take anything away from someone who walked the at 18 times, vast majority of which were slackpacking with his slack pack groups........

But why? There are so much better places to actually hike and see than the AT..... The AT community is pretty special.......but at some point you got to want to see something else....... Instead of the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

Too bad for her.....the big day out the gate may have set up the shin splints....

The post was edited 1 time, last by Muddywaters ().

• Muddywaters wrote:

Not to take anything away from someone who walked the at 18 times, vast majority of which were slackpacking with his slack pack groups........

But why? There are so much better places to actually hike and see than the AT..... The AT community is pretty special.......but at some point you got to want to see something else....... Instead of the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

Too bad for her.....the big day out the gate may have set up the shin splints....
      yeah...fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. :)

so many nice trails...
      Lost in the right direction.