Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Dicks Creek to Clingmans Dome

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello Skefkat,

The NOC (Nantahala Outdoor Center) is at about the halfway mark of that hike. You could do an easy 4 or 5 days, resupply at the NOC, and finish off in another 4 or 5 days. They will hold resupply packages for hikers so you can mail one to your self. They are right on the trail. They sell 'hiker food' too, but you would probably be best off just mailing what you want to yourself.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • While there are several places to resupply on that stretch, the absolute easiest also happens to be almost exactly halfway -- the NOC (Nantahala Outdoor Center). You'll walk right thru the place on your hike. Because of the CV you will need to contact them and ensure what their hours are and if they will have the food you will need. On my thru I sent myself a box there; you may want to check if still offer that service. I have no idea what has changed becasue of the CV.
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

While there are several places to resupply on that stretch, the absolute easiest also happens to be almost exactly halfway -- the NOC (Nantahala Outdoor Center). You'll walk right thru the place on your hike. Because of the CV you will need to contact them and ensure what their hours are and if they will have the food you will need. On my thru I sent myself a box there; you may want to check if still offer that service. I have no idea what has changed becasue of the CV.
      Assuming the restaurant is open (once again check ahead due to CV19) plan to swing in and have a great hot meal. I had both dinner and breakfast (spent the night there).
      If you really want to go to a grocery store/Walmart Supercenter to resupply Franklin (Winding Stair) might be your best choice (although a little early), but I personally would go with the mail a resupply to NOC if that is an option.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General