Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Garmin Explorer/Garmin GPS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

For my birthday, I gifted myself a new sports watch, a Garmin Venu 3S. I really loved my Suunto but got my money’s worth out of it and was tired of using an HRM strap.

I love my new watch, it’s easy to use and isn’t as big and clunky as the previous one. It’s cool to see my sleep evaluation (my sleep sucks, lol) and funny/annoying to get “Its time to move” reminders.

I also recently upgraded to an iPhone 15 so I’m seriously considering cancelling my Inreach plan and relying only on my watch and iPhone.

I figure the only con is related to battery life but I welcome y’all’s opinions.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • New

You can turn off those "time to move" reminders. Google will reveal the steps since I can't remember how.

I always thought they were funny when they went off while in a plane or driving.
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Clingmans Dome and Max Patch NC to Gorham NH

"The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are pretty good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard