Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Corona Virus and the Trail

• New

max.patch wrote:

If Trump gets his way we won't have to debate the pros and cons of mail in voting -- he wants to delay the election.

His tweet from this morning:

"With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???"

If this suprises you you're not paying attention.

usatoday.com/story/news/politi…e-mail-voting/5543726002/
      Being worse than 1960 is pretty bad.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • New

I saw that noise about delaying the election. I have a pocket copy of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence (which declares war). I started re-reading it last night. EVERYONE in this nation should read it. The "talking heads" and, sadly, many of our elected officials, have no freaking clue what it says. (They should take and pass a civics test before they are allowed to run for an office or be 'on air'). Delay the election? Sorry, the constitution spells out how elections work. Amendments have been done to change some of the timing. But AMENDMENTS to our government process, NOT the whim of any elected official, I don't care who they (think they) are.
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork

The post was edited 1 time, last by rhjanes ().

• New

max.patch wrote:

I think it's a damn shame that wearing a mask and absentee balloting has become a political issue.
      Yesterday Dr. Fauci recommended that we also wear eye goggles or an eye mask for more protection against the virus.

I'm sure the same people who don't understand why we need to wear a mask won't understand this either.
      2,000 miler

The post was edited 1 time, last by max.patch ().

• New

I can understand that increased protection lessens my chances of getting the virus, but it's not practical for me to live in a fully protective bubble. At some point we each have to decide how to live our lives while dealing with all that covid 19 brings our way. I can't stay home all day, even there it's not a sterile environment anyway. As soon as I bring in the mail, or take out the garbage, I'd have to sanitize myself head to toe. Precautions? Sure, up to a point, and everyone has that point in a different place. I recently skipped going to a niece's engagement party because I'm not willing to fly yet, that's past my comfort point. We each need to decide how best to protect ourselves and others.
    • New

max.patch wrote:

max.patch wrote:

I think it's a damn shame that wearing a mask and absentee balloting has become a political issue.
      Yesterday Dr. Fauci recommended that we also wear eye goggles or an eye mask for more protection against the virus.
      I'm sure the same people who don't understand why we need to wear a mask won't understand this either.
      I guess Kareem, James Worthy, and Chris Sabo were just ahead of their time. :)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • New

max.patch wrote:

max.patch wrote:

I've been wearing my yellow tinted wraparound shooting glasses with my mask everytime I go into a store since this whole thing began.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • New

jimmyjam wrote:

max.patch wrote:

max.patch wrote:

Yesterday Dr. Fauci recommended that we also wear eye goggles or an eye mask for more protection against the virus.I'm sure the same people who don't understand why we need to wear a mask won't understand this either.
      I've been wearing my yellow tinted wraparound shooting glasses with my mask everytime I go into a store since this whole thing began.
      Congrats, you're ahead of the curve. I gotta admit this is something I didn't think about -- but as soon as I heard it -- made perfect sense.
      2,000 miler