Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Too Old for Crocs?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Too Old for Crocs?

I might be getting too old for Crocs. At least that is what my wife thinks. Last summer I slipped and fell a couple times on wet concrete. So I have learned to avoid wearing them on that.
      Now today I am walking out of the house carrying something in one hand and eating a brownie with the other and not looking at the steps I am going down. Sure enough next thing I know I am flying across the cobblestone sidewalk. Bruised and skinned up arm hurt a little, but bruised/sprained big toe is the worst part. :thumbdown:
      Soaked in cold water and taped it to the next toe. Sure hope it heals quickly.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Well.......I'm beginning to become "60's-Seasoned". I wear them around the house (no stairs) and take them camping for river crossings and camp wear. But they DO move around on my feet. I used to occasionally wash the car in them. I don't do that anymore. My feet are unsteady in them.

Guess I should look for something that fit my feet tighter for river crossings. Suggestions? Light weight is very important, but so is some toe protection.
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    • rhjanes wrote:

Well.......I'm beginning to become "60's-Seasoned". I wear them around the house (no stairs) and take them camping for river crossings and camp wear. But they DO move around on my feet. I used to occasionally wash the car in them. I don't do that anymore. My feet are unsteady in them.

Guess I should look for something that fit my feet tighter for river crossings. Suggestions? Light weight is very important, but so is some toe protection.
      Vivobarefeet pure or ultra pure. I always try to buy them on sale. Tighter and lighter. And more compact

The post was edited 1 time, last by Astro ().

• New

LIhikers wrote:

I wear Crocs all the time at home and around town.
      I replace them with a new pair when the tread on the bottom is almost worn off.e
      You know that might be my problem. I am just to frugal to throw something away that still looks good elsewhere. Perhaps I give them to my son who has much better balance. :)