Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Preventing Yeast Infections and UTIs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello Marymobile,

Normally I would not chime in on a woman's thread, but we are a fairly small group here so I hope you do not mind me offering some advice that admittedly only comes from second hand experience.

1) Stay hydrated. I understand the more you pee the less likely a UTI will develop.
      2) Consider Cranberry Juice. Well maybe juice is hard to carry on the trail, but they do sell cranberry in pill form in health food stores and I know some people swear by this.
      3) My favorite way of dealing with sweaty nether regions on the trail is going commando and wearing some loose fitting Merino wool running shorts I own. It is so comfortable, it is like I have air-conditioning down there :) You might not want to do that, however. You should look into at least getting some Merino wool underwear. I love merino for my base later, it does not smell and is great at wicking moisture.

Hope this helps,
      If you did not want me to chime in let me know and I will delete this post.

Scotty
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier

The post was edited 1 time, last by IMScotty ().

• IMScotty wrote:

Hello Marymobile,

Normally I would not chime in on a woman's thread, but we are a fairly small group here so I hope you do not mind me offering some advice that admittedly only comes from second hand experience.

1) Stay hydrated. I understand the more you pee the less likely a UTI will develop.
      2) Consider Cranberry Juice. Well maybe juice is hard to carry on the trail, but they do sell cranberry in pill form in health food stores and I know some people swear by this.
      3) My favorite way of dealing with sweaty nether regions on the trail is going commando and wearing some loose fitting Merino wool running shorts I own. It is so comfortable, it is like I have air-conditioning down there :) You might not want to do that, however. You should look into at least getting some Merino wool underwear. I love merino for my base later, it does not smell and is great at wicking moisture.

Hope this helps,
      If you did not want me to chime in let me know and I will delete this post.

Scotty
      Thank you Scotty and to everyone else who replied. I am grateful for the responses. I will try the dried cranberries and the squirt bottle.