Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

GHD I

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sorry, folks......I told Overload she did not have to make the cheese cake, as I did not expect a bunch of attendees.

HB and I have to get out! This is the only weekend for a while that works for both of us, and with the polar freeze-out lingering, we are only doing an overnite. So, if anyone is out and about......we will be at Big Hill Shelter on Ground Hogs Day evening! :thumbsup:
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:
    • I have company this weekend, so a no-go for me. Hope you guys have fun.

Looks like we have many Cafe members planning a New England Hike this summer. Perhaps we could calculate a time and place where these could all intersect for at least a one night get together.

I would be up for that.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • CoachLou wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

I have company this weekend, so a no-go for me. Hope you guys have fun.

Looks like we have many Cafe members planning a New England Hike this summer. Perhaps we could calculate a time and place where these could all intersect for at least a one night get together.

I would be up for that.
      Where is this being discussed?
      I know that Astro and I both plan to be hiking NH and ME and it seems that at least one other is too.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • jimmyjam wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

I would be up for that.
      I know that Astro and I both plan to be hiking NH and ME and it seems that at least one other is too.
      well, both youz guyz are going way too early for us New Englanders. But, I will try to get us up there for a night at least some how!!!
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:
    • jimmyjam wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

I would be up for that.
      LIHikers and perhaps StalkingTortoise.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • CoachLou wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

I would be up for that.
      well, both youz guyz are going way too early for us New Englanders. But, I will try to get us up there for a night at least some how!!!
      i think they got brand new head nets for christmas that they want to try out. :)
      2,000 miler
    • CoachLou wrote:

Sorry, folks......I told Overload she did not have to make the cheese cake, as I did not expect a bunch of attendees.

HB and I have to get out! This is the only weekend for a while that works for both of us, and with the polar freeze-out lingering, we are only doing an overnite. So, if anyone is out and about......we will be at Big Hill Shelter on Ground Hogs Day evening! :thumbsup:
      Ground hog day? That's today!
      I wonder if I can talk Kathy into changing our weekend plans......We'll see
    • LIhikers wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

Sorry, folks......I told Overload she did not have to make the cheese cake, as I did not expect a bunch of attendees.

Ground hog day? That's today!I wonder if I can talk Kathy into changing our weekend plans......We'll see
      All I heated my house with for 25 years was firewood...enjoyed cutting firewood and miss it....my back has a differing opinion.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • CoachLou wrote:

Going on 10 for us
      When we moved from Houston we were glad to have a real wood burning fire place instead of just the fake logs. A few years later when we remodeled our house guess what we did. Yep, put a gas insert inside of the fireplace. No more finding, chopping, and carrying wood, and cleaning out ashes. The other big drawback of the real fire wood was with four children we were always running from this activity or the other and could not start a fire and leave it. Now it is just flip a switch and it heats up fast, and just flip it off if you need to leave. And at my advancing age I am not complaining about not having to deal with the wood or ashes. Only downside in having to clean the glass cover around once a year. But fortunately so far the pretty lady has been willing to do that. ;)
    • CoachLou wrote:

So I stepped out of my car Sunday and started to shiver. By nine a had a spitting head ache. Chills and sweats thru the nite. Took the NyQuil last nite and woke up at 3 soaking wet.......... would you call this the Flu ?
      That's not good. :thumbdown:
      Here is to a quick recovery!
    • CoachLou wrote:

So I stepped out of my car Sunday and started to shiver. By nine a had a spitting head ache. Chills and sweats thru the nite. Took the NyQuil last nite and woke up at 3 soaking wet.......... would you call this the Flu ?
      Either that or menopause. :)

Hope you feel better soon.
      In life there are no limitations. Except stupidity. If you're stupid, you're screwed.

Stephan Pastis
    • CoachLou wrote:

So last night the pain coughing moved to my lower chest. Thinking I might have pneumonia I sucked it up and went the clinic........ Flu! $106.99 for Tamiflu!!! That was a surprise.
      Sorry about the crazy $$$, but at our age pneumonia is not something to ignore. Could have cost you and your family a lot more than that.
    • CoachLou wrote:

So last night the pain coughing moved to my lower chest. Thinking I might have pneumonia I sucked it up and went the clinic........ Flu! $106.99 for Tamiflu!!! That was a surprise.
      That Tamiflu is good stuff. You feel much better shortly. I got the flu last year this time and I had a flu shot in October. So this year I held off until November before I got stuck. Hope you're better soon.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference