Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Took a walk today

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I injured my foot pretty badly on 9/15; was on crutches for 2 weeks then slowly recuperating.

Today I went for a hike with my meetup group, MAC. They were hiking 10-12 miles on the Waterloo-Pinckney and Equestrienne trails. I hiked with them for 1.65 miles then turned around and hiked 1.65 miles back to the parking lot for a 3.3 mile total. That was long enough for today. It felt so wonderful to be back out in the woods on a trail hiking again!!
    • Trillium wrote:

I injured my foot pretty badly on 9/15; was on crutches for 2 weeks then slowly recuperating.

Today I went for a hike with my meetup group, MAC. They were hiking 10-12 miles on the Waterloo-Pinckney and Equestrienne trails. I hiked with them for 1.65 miles then turned around and hiked 1.65 miles back to the parking lot for a 3.3 mile total. That was long enough for today. It felt so wonderful to be back out in the woods on a trail hiking again!!
      Baby steps. You'll get there. Had my meniscus surgery just a few days before Christmas last year. First time out walking was like half a block. April l hiked 170 miles in VA and then the Whites in July.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • Trillium wrote:

I injured my foot pretty badly on 9/15; was on crutches for 2 weeks then slowly recuperating.

That is a start Trillium. Take it slow and easy and you will be back out there in no time.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • Trillium wrote:

Sorry to hear of your injury, but glad to see you are back out on the trails! :thumbup:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

Trillium wrote:

Sorry to hear of your injury, but glad to see you are back out on the trails! :thumbup:
      Like he said ^
    • Thanks very much guys! (insert emoji blowing a kiss to all of you)

Since my post above, I was in Chicago for a week and was the primary person taking care of Bella since the son-in-law was in Albuquerque shooting a wedding and my daughter was working. We walked all over north Chicago. Bella got quite a workout. Her favorite is going to the dog beach and running with the other dogs. My favorite is walking along the Lake Michigan shoreline. One of the days we were able to go 7.2 miles; although Bella went further if all her running on the beach with the other dogs could be measured. She is so funny; she hates the water and sometimes as she's running along with the other dogs, they run into Lake Michigan but she comes to a screeching halt on the wet sand then stands there looking longingly at them to come out and wondering just why the heck they would want to get wet.

I have 2 hikes scheduled during the next 7 days. Will report back next weekend. :)