Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Took a walk today

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• StalkingTortoise wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

rhjanes wrote:

LIhikers wrote:

Today is gonna be a zero because of the rain.
      I guess I prove Matt-C's point. :D
      I checked Matt-C's YouTube. He's got a recent post about someone. It's talking about that dog that has been posted as missing on the AT, in Facebook 2024 hiker groups.
      Knucklehead Angry Guy is ranting about Ramdino, who's kind of become the news reporter for the AT on YouTube. And once again showing how little he knows about the AT. He also reiterated his vast experience in the outdoors. If you remember, as a boy scout, he claimed to have survived multiple nights at -20° in just a t shirt.
      "This isn't just me. This is thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of other people like me."
      Damn. That's a lot of people who have the same point of view as Matt_C. That's all the proof I need that he's right - no matter what he's ranting about.
      Most must not be on his YouTube channel as there are only a few hundred followers.
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    • max.patch wrote:

Astro wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

rhjanes wrote:

LIhikers wrote:

Today is gonna be a zero because of the rain.
      I guess I prove Matt-C's point. :D
      I checked Matt-C's YouTube. He's got a recent post about someone. It's talking about that dog that has been posted as missing on the AT, in Facebook 2024 hiker groups.
      Knucklehead Angry Guy is ranting about Ramdino, who's kind of become the news reporter for the AT on YouTube. And once again showing how little he knows about the AT. He also reiterated his vast experience in the outdoors. If you remember, as a boy scout, he claimed to have survived multiple nights at -20° in just a t shirt.
      Ignorance, unfounded confidence, and boiling anger are not a good combination. :thumbdown:
      Excellent description of Trump.

or most any politician from my point of view.
    • Yesterday we went to the next town over to walk. It's an old town with many houses from the 1800s that overlook the harbor. Also it has a number of pretty good hills. From the top of one we had a good view of Connecticut, across the Long Island Sound. I was looking for Coach Lou and Elf but didn't see them :D
    • Today it was 5.75 miles around a lake in a local county park. While I didn't take any photos we saw several kinds of water fowl, ducks, swans, geese, as well as osprey, wood peckers and other birds. All kinds of plants are starting to bloom as spring sets in. Today was in the low 50s with a 15 MPH wind. The wind made it feel chilly when we stopped walking but it was warm enough when we were moving. I'm starting to think I should start keeping track of our mileage.
    • New

Orienteering day at Tyler State Park. One of my favorite places. I didn't start my track until after the first control. 3.4 miles, 423 feet elevation gain, 1 hour 29 minutes tracked but actual time on course was 1:32:32. I got second in class and 6th overall.
      My buddy and I then ate lunch and went and checked all 30 of the permanent controls at the park. We did split up a lot of it. But we also replaced 4 of the controls which involves lugging the heavy install tool into the forest. You have all perhaps seen the 4 inch wide fiberglass markers the Forest Service uses, that what we use.
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork