Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Kathy's most excelent adventure

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Kathy's most excelent adventure

This past Sunday Kathy left for another one of her solo backpacking trips. Not really solo though as she has our dog, Tora, with her. I'm not sure who enjoys these jaunts more, Kathy or Tora. Before they left all I knew was that they were headed to New York's Catskill mountains, as Kathy couldn't decide which trails she wanted to hike. Later on Sunday I got a text saying that she was at a trailhead on route 206. That's all I expect to hear from her until she gets home this coming weekend. Photos to follow......I hope.
    • Right now I am oh so glad I couldn't go with Kathy.
      Today I had to make an unplanned trip to the dentist and then oral surgeon to have a tooth removed.
      Every day this week it became more and more painful until it was evident that it wasn't gonna get any better by itself.
      An x-ray showed there was a massive infection under the tooth, which was almost all filling and had already had a root canal, years ago.
      At least it was a good excuse for a couple days off work.
      On the down side, I didn't ride my bicycle at all this week due to the pain.
    • LIhikers wrote:

Right now I am oh so glad I couldn't go with Kathy.
      Today I had to make an unplanned trip to the dentist and then oral surgeon to have a tooth removed.
      Every day this week it became more and more painful until it was evident that it wasn't gonna get any better by itself.
      An x-ray showed there was a massive infection under the tooth, which was almost all filling and had already had a root canal, years ago.
      At least it was a good excuse for a couple days off work.
      On the down side, I didn't ride my bicycle at all this week due to the pain.
      Yuck, that would have ruined a hike. Glad you’ve got it figured out and hopefully you’re on the mend.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • I was surprised Friday evening when Kathy walked in the door, as I thought she'd be out until Sunday for sure. She says that she'll write up a trip report so I'll wait and see if she does that before I list any details. Also, she took a bunch of photos so in time we'll post some here.