Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

It's Official: New BMT re-route!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It's Official: New BMT re-route!

When this spring are you thinking about doing it? Above 2,000' in early spring its more like winter up there. If it is before the underbrush starts to come out then it is something that could be done if you are not in a hurry. If you wait until after it starts to get green then it might not be so easy. We start working clearing trail in April.

For those that are interested in hiking this reroute before the thing is completely built: Tomorrow I am heading out to flag the trail so the crews can orient on it as they work. If you get out there before it is done, there should be orange flagging tape to orient on. I'll report a status when I get back Monday.

SGT Rock wrote:

For those that are interested in hiking this reroute before the thing is completely built: Tomorrow I am heading out to flag the trail so the crews can orient on it as they work. If you get out there before it is done, there should be orange flagging tape to orient on. I'll report a status when I get back Monday.

great!! i cant wait to get lost!!!
      its all good

hikerboy wrote:

SGT Rock wrote:

great!! i cant wait to get lost!!!

Hey, but at least you will be having in the woods. Just as long as you get "found" before you run out of food, I am sure everything will be great (or at lest good).
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Carpet is infe evidently. Slightly up and down on a paved rosd, not as much. I realize I'm at least twice as old as when I last camped, but simply walking shouldn't be a chore. Well, it isn't at first, but after a mile I do slow down. My sister feels that once I get out in the woods again I'll do better at it.

I was hoping to get out to Cheaha this year, but it doesn't look like I will.

I did find a tarp tent pdf on how to make one. I have a sewing machine and know how to use it. I made a shirt last year, and not a pillow like some do, for their first project. What does that mean ? Well, it means I sewed only those parts of the shirt front and back that needed sewing, instead of sewing the arm, neck, and body holes up to.
      --
      "What do you mean its sunrise already ?!", me.