Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Harpers Ferry (STONEY BROOK FARM)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stoney Brook Farm----We are a 45 acre certified organic farm in rural Loudoun County, Virginia. Our mission is to grow quality local organic crops using sustainable practices. We sell our vegetables and fruit through our Farm Market on Route 9. We are located in the historic town of Hillsboro, Virginia. We also sell wholesale to a number of organic produce markets in the greater Washington, DC area. We believe in preserving farm land for agriculture and protecting the historical heritage of Northern Virginia. Our soil fertility is maintained through the use of cover crops, compost, and crop rotations. We grow most vegetable crops including many heirloom varieties.
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:
    • max.patch wrote:

speaking of broadway :) anybody else remember joe namath's fast food restaurant? there was one on on US1 between miami and homestead. didn't last very long -- probably cuz they didn't sell reubens.

we're doin a real fine job with thread drift!

[IMG:http://www.grayflannelsuit.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/joe-namath-broadway-joes-miami-restaurant-1969_1.jpg]
      Surprised it didn't last with the number of NY snowbirds in Florida.

On a related note, the guy who runs Mother Marian's Hostel in Wolf Laurel near Sams Gap NC refers to many of his neighbors as halfbacks. They retired from New York to Florida then moved halfway back to get out of the summer heat.

Nary a Reuben to be found in Sams Gap.
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Winding Stair Gap NC, Max Patch to Franconia Notch NH and the Gale River Trail to Crawford Notch NH.
    • StalkingTortoise wrote:

max.patch wrote:

speaking of broadway :) anybody else remember joe namath's fast food restaurant? there was one on on US1 between miami and homestead. didn't last very long -- probably cuz they didn't sell reubens.

we're doin a real fine job with thread drift!

[IMG:http://www.grayflannelsuit.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/joe-namath-broadway-joes-miami-restaurant-1969_1.jpg]
      Surprised it didn't last with the number of NY snowbirds in Florida.
      On a related note, the guy who runs Mother Marian's Hostel in Wolf Laurel near Sams Gap NC refers to many of his neighbors as halfbacks. They retired from New York to Florida then moved halfway back to get out of the summer heat.

Nary a Reuben to be found in Sams Gap.
      In Franklin, NC a good portion of the summer crowd and even permanent residents are from FL. They call them Floridiots.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • odd man out wrote:

Astro wrote:

In Franklin, NC a good portion of the summer crowd and even permanent residents are from FL. They call them Floridiots.
      And when folk from California go up to Oregon, I hear they call it Californication.
      Nothing but Baltimorons up here in southcentral PA. If there's a car doing the speed limit in the left lane with 10 cars backed up behind it, you can bet that it has a Maryland tag.

Maybe it's time to re-define the 12 Tribes:

Floridiots
      Halfbacks
      Massholes
      EZPAssholes (crawl through the automated toll lanes at 5 mph)
      Baltimorons
      Califoricators
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Winding Stair Gap NC, Max Patch to Franconia Notch NH and the Gale River Trail to Crawford Notch NH.
    • StalkingTortoise wrote:

odd man out wrote:

Astro wrote:

And when folk from California go up to Oregon, I hear they call it Californication.
      Nothing but Baltimorons up here in southcentral PA. If there's a car doing the speed limit in the left lane with 10 cars backed up behind it, you can bet that it has a Maryland tag.
      Maybe it's time to re-define the 12 Tribes:

Floridiots
      Halfbacks
      Massholes
      Baltimorons
      Califoricators
      now hold on, the term Baltimorons runs much deeper than just traffic idiocy. I lived in Baltimore for 4 years, their dumbassary knows no bounds.
    • chief wrote:

StalkingTortoise wrote:

odd man out wrote:

Astro wrote:

Nothing but Baltimorons up here in southcentral PA. If there's a car doing the speed limit in the left lane with 10 cars backed up behind it, you can bet that it has a Maryland tag.Maybe it's time to re-define the 12 Tribes:

Floridiots
      Halfbacks
      Massholes
      Baltimorons
      Califoricators
      now hold on, the term Baltimorons runs much deeper than just traffic idiocy. I lived in Baltimore for 4 years, their dumbassary knows no bounds.
      Maybe that is why the Boss when out for a ride and never came back. :)
    • Astro wrote:

chief wrote:

StalkingTortoise wrote:

odd man out wrote:

Astro wrote:

Nothing but Baltimorons up here in southcentral PA. If there's a car doing the speed limit in the left lane with 10 cars backed up behind it, you can bet that it has a Maryland tag.Maybe it's time to re-define the 12 Tribes:
      Floridiots
      Halfbacks
      Massholes
      Baltimorons
      Califoricators
      Maybe that is why the Boss when out for a ride and never came back. :)
      Like a river that don’t know where it’s flown’
    • odd man out wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

All the cars with Maryland plates that I see on I95 here in VA are driving like they just robbed a bank and have the cops on their tail, 15 to 20 mph over the speed limit.
      I learned to drive in MD, but it was the DC area, not "Balmer". For fun we would play "Beltway Bumpercars"
      Reminds me of driving in Brazil. Was like go cart racing. Get in, push the pedal to the floor, and try to avoid hitting anyone (or being hit). :)