Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

hiker hostel- dahlonega,ga

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• hiker hostel- dahlonega,ga

hiker hostel 770-312-7342 www.hikerhostel.com hikerhostel@yahoo.com
      7693 hwy 19n,
      dahlonega,ga30533

open year round $18pp bunks.private rooms available. overnight stay includes shower,towel, and breakfast.internet and wifi available,laundry
      their thru hiker special runs from 2/24 to 4/20 runs $80 they'll pick you up in either atlanta or gainesville and shuttle you to either amicolola falls or springer trail head..
      i sent them an email to reserve a bunk, and they sent me an email confirmation within a few minutes.
      i know quite a few people who stayed there last year,including oz and invisible man, so maybe theyll post a review.
      i'll post my own review after my trip.
      its all good

Not so much a review as an endorsement.
      Clean, friendly, great atmosphere.
      They shuttle to the start - choice of Amicalola Park for the approach trail or to the summit (almost) of Springer.
      The Lodge at Amicalola (we spent one night at each so I can compare) is much more up market and the cost differential reflects this.
      I strongly recommend both establishments but the Hiker Hostel is much better value for money.
      Resident Australian, proving being a grumpy old man is not just an American trait.

milkman and shuttle shellie were kind enough to put me up in the extra bed at the lodge.very comfortable, and although we had a great breakfast there, i dont remember a buffet.it was when i first met imelda marcos( i mean army ant,the shoe king). and also where i bought pepe in the gift shop. pepe summitted katahdin september 23rd.
      Images
      • starwin018.jpg

71.96 kB, 800×600, viewed 282 times
      • DSCN0470.jpg

92.27 kB, 800×600, viewed 258 times
      its all good

hikerboy wrote:

milkman and shuttle shellie were kind enough to put me up in the extra bed at the lodge.very comfortable, and although we had a great breakfast there, i dont remember a buffet.it was when i first met imelda marcos( i mean army ant,the shoe king). and also where i bought pepe in the gift shop. pepe summitted katahdin september 23rd.

almost forgot. the lodge is where shuttle shellie adorned me with my survival bracelet.good thing too. got me through that ice storm, and kept the bears away the whole trip.
      its all good

hikerboy wrote:

hiker hostel 770-312-7342 www.hikerhostel.com hikerhostel@yahoo.com
      7693 hwy 19n,
      dahlonega,ga30533

open year round $18pp bunks.private rooms available. overnight stay includes shower,towel, and breakfast.internet and wifi available,laundry
      their thru hiker special runs from 2/24 to 4/20 runs $80 they'll pick you up in either atlanta or gainesville and shuttle you to either amicolola falls or springer trail head..
      i sent them an email to reserve a bunk, and they sent me an email confirmation within a few minutes.
      i know quite a few people who stayed there last year,including oz and invisible man, so maybe theyll post a review.
      i'll post my own review after my trip.

Hehe... You said "4/20" :silly: ... Just a side note cuz I know there are some cyclist among us, I never stayed there as a "Hiker" but stayed there with my Team when we would go up there to train or ride in the Six Gap Century... It's just a cool place to stay... I lived in Dahlonega for 3 years and passed that place almost every day lookin' at that "For Sale" sign and wishin' I could buy it 2.gif ...
      1 Fish, 2 Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish...