Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

thrupack.com

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• max.patch wrote:

how do you plan to use it?
      As a front pack attached to the daisy chains on my shoulder straps, My new phone is a struggle to get in and out of my hip belt pockets, so the phone (for taking pictures) will be in the easy access exterior pocket of the pouch. Inside the pouch are a main pocket, two smaller pockets, and a lighter leash that retracts. Inside I'll keep some snacks, maybe my wind shirt or bandanna, other small stuff like lip balm, sunscreen, eye drops.
      It comes with a hip belt/shoulder sling that I can use to wear it when I'm in town or doing laundry. He was having a sale and I got 15% off. Really great workmanship, much better than anything I could do.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • i understand wanting to get to stuff easily, but having a second pack attached to my main pack would drive me bonkers. same thing with water bottles attached to your main packs shoulder straps. maybe that's just me. if space ever became an issue for things i wanted easy access to -- i think the first thing i'd try is to find shorts with bigger pockets.
      2,000 miler
    • Cool idea but I'm sort of like Max. I hate lots of pockets because I can't remember where things are packed.

The design is intriguing and think it would make a great knitting bag. If there were a tiny hole that the yarn feeds through then I can knit without holding a bag. Currently, when knitting on the go, my bag dangles from my wrist via a strap. Sometimes I feed my waist belt through the loop and let it dangle from the belt.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Cool idea but I'm sort of like Max. I hate lots of pockets because I can't remember where things are packed.

The design is intriguing and think it would make a great knitting bag. If there were a tiny hole that the yarn feeds through then I can knit without holding a bag. Currently, when knitting on the go, my bag dangles from my wrist via a strap. Sometimes I feed my waist belt through the loop and let it dangle from the belt.
      You're knitting while hiking?
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Cool idea but I'm sort of like Max. I hate lots of pockets because I can't remember where things are packed.

Occasionally, if I don't need poles and don't care to go slower than normal. I also knit sometimes during breaks.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • I've tried hiking with a large fanny pack worn in the front. I liked the convenience, but putting it on and taking it off was a pain (too many belts around the waist. I have since gotten pouches for my pack belt, but they are not as big as I would like and they are further to the side than I would like. I've been rethinking packing in the ftont. I already strap water bottles to my shoulder straps so I was thinking of giving the fanny pack idea another try. The biggest probkem was the strap around the waist. My thought was to cut off the waist strap and rig it so one side is attached to one side of the pack and the other buckles to the other side.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Occasionally, if I don't need poles and don't care to go slower than normal. I also knit sometimes during breaks.
      suggest not attempting to knit while biking.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • Dan76 wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

suggest not attempting to knit while biking.
      yup, they could get caught in the spokes.
    • LIhikers wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I stumbled across this cottage gear maker and bought the Hiker Pack with a little customization from them. The workmanship is top notch and Paul even sent me some pictures of it before he shipped it to be sure I liked it. Check them out:
      thrupack.com/

I'm kinda surprised you didn't make something similar for yourself.
      i did, but I didn't like it. Little pouches with zippers are hard to make.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • ev

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TJ, that's got to be tricky!
      I can knit easy patterns without looking at my hands. Yesterday, I knit and read at the same time.
      But it’s weird trying to convince your brain to do multiple things. If hiking and knitting, my feet move much slower, like rubbing your belly and patting your head.
      Everything is on the internet.

How to knit while walking.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TJ, that's got to be tricky!
      I can knit easy patterns without looking at my hands. Yesterday, I knit and read at the same time.
      But it’s weird trying to convince your brain to do multiple things. If hiking and knitting, my feet move much slower, like rubbing your belly and patting your head.
      I have trouble convincing my brain to do one thing at a time ;)