Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Short short out-n-back

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Short short out-n-back

I did a short out and back last weekend to exercise my knee. Just from Reid's Gap to Maupin Field Shelter. I camped in the woods and tried out a used Trailstar I picked up.
      The winds blew at a constant 15-20 mph and gusted to I guess about 40 or so. Starting at 10 pm we got several hours of rain with that wind. The Trailstar is touted as a very storm worthy tarp and I can definitely say it lived up to it's reputation. Absolutely no flapping at all, it never even flinched.
      There was another solo hiker there, a couple, and about a dozen from ODU - all doing the Three Ridges Loop. The ODU hung three food bags on the pole, one of them fell during the night as it opened under it's 35 pound weight!! Biggest food bag I've ever seen.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • TrafficJam wrote:

How was the knee?

I don't like being hungry but some people are so afraid of being hungry that they over compensate.
      It's better, but not 100%. I still have some pain going down stairs or doing a deep squats. Doc ordered a MRI for me for next week so he can get a better idea on what's going on inside my knee. I'm to continue with the exercises but no bending the leg over 90 degrees for now. I'm still optimistic.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

How was the knee?

I don't like being hungry but some people are so afraid of being hungry that they over compensate.
      It's better, but not 100%. I still have some pain going down stairs or doing a deep squats. Doc ordered a MRI for me for next week so he can get a better idea on what's going on inside my knee. I'm to continue with the exercises but no bending the leg over 90 degrees for now. I'm still optimistic.
      took me 8-9 months to get rid of the pain from a sprain (hyperextended knee)...sucked, kinda why I quit walking for so long, now I gotta get it back...but I lost my mojo baby!