Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

New baby in the Tuck House

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Astro wrote:

I guess different strokes for different folks. Not bringing a snake into my house anytime soon. And even I wanted to, can't see the wife buying into that is a great idea.
      i can certainly appreciate that thought.

As a single I see a snake as a responsible pet. None of the issues of owning a dog or cat. When traveling for a few days I don't have to worry about a sitter or a kennel. For long term travel I only have to worry about a friend coming in for two feedings.

Best yet snakes are introverted pets for us introverted people :whistling:
      Of course I talk to myself... sometimes I need expert advice.
    • Tuckahoe wrote:

Astro wrote:

I guess different strokes for different folks. Not bringing a snake into my house anytime soon. And even I wanted to, can't see the wife buying into that is a great idea.
      i can certainly appreciate that thought.
      As a single I see a snake as a responsible pet. None of the issues of owning a dog or cat. When traveling for a few days I don't have to worry about a sitter or a kennel. For long term travel I only have to worry about a friend coming in for two feedings.

Best yet snakes are introverted pets for us introverted people :whistling:
      you could sleep with it and maybe it would eat ticks, not that you have ticks. :D
    • Dan76 wrote:

As a youth, always had a snake or two out in the garden.
      I had a turtle and a frog I caught in an old fish aquarium...one day I came home from school, and the frog was a skeleton with meat and ligaments hanging on at each of the joints, the head was still in tact and the webbed feet were untouched...the turtle looked happy. One of my first memories of
      "What the phoc!" :huh:
    • We had a 30 acre lake and ducks used to run around on our patio sometimes making a mess. I came home from college one semester and asked my mom what happened to the ducks. She said while you were gone we had an alligator, and before we could get rid of it, all of the ducks disappeared.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Dan76 wrote:

As a youth, always had a snake or two out in the garden.
      We still have snakes in our yard (1.5 acres with woods surrounding us on some sides). I leave them alone to do their job, except for the copperheads. I don't know how many of those I have terminated, but they still show up sometimes.

Have not seen any of the rattle snakes or coral snakes we used to have back in Florida.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General