Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

A.T. Journeys / Appalachian Trailways News

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A.T. Journeys / Appalachian Trailways News

i just gave away 27 years (1990-2017) worth of the ATC magazine. i've been a member longer than that -- don't have a clue where those older issues (including the one with my name in it) went. i never went back to re-read them; thot i'd give em to someone who would. downsizing!

i did keep my 1987 final four and 1991 world series programs, though.
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

i just gave away 27 years (1990-2017) worth of the ATC magazine. i've been a member longer than that -- don't have a clue where those older issues (including the one with my name in it) went. i never went back to re-read them; thot i'd give em to someone who would. downsizing!

Believe it or not I have all of them (since 1939). I had a plan to read through them all one more time and post some of the interesting stuff on here but that plan has fallen to the wayside for now. Like you I will have to clear them out of here at some point.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • IMScotty wrote:

max.patch wrote:

Believe it or not I have all of them (since 1939). I had a plan to read through them all one more time and post some of the interesting stuff on here but that plan has fallen to the wayside for now. Like you I will have to clear them out of here at some point.
      wow! i found the older ones to be much more interesting that the newer ones.
      2,000 miler
    • I'm getting around to reading the Spring AT Journeys, and noticed that James F. Fox finally got around to reporting his 1963 thru hike. He wrote about his hike in a chapter in the famous 2 volume, 2,000 page Rodale book "Hiking the Appalachian Trail." I'm curious now to reread that chapter. If I remember correctly he did his hike immediately after graduating from college.
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

I'm getting around to reading the Spring AT Journeys, and noticed that James F. Fox finally got around to reporting his 1963 thru hike. He wrote about his hike in a chapter in the famous 2 volume, 2,000 page Rodale book "Hiking the Appalachian Trail." I'm curious now to reread that chapter. If I remember correctly he did his hike immediately after graduating from college.
      Perhaps he retired and finally got around to having the time to notify the ATC. ;)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General