Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Wise Food and HSN team up.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Wise Food and HSN team up.

Well we tried tonight HSN sold 17,000 more than 5 pound buckets of what may be 172 dinners of Wise dried or freeze dried meals for less then $99

No doubt this is a lost leader or in your ideas OMG give up our email addresses!

Before I could react it was over- less than 15 minutes and completely sold out.

No question after the success of this partnership - this will happen again shortly!
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:
    • Wise Old Owl wrote:

Well we tried tonight HSN sold 17,000 more than 5 pound buckets of what may be 172 dinners of Wise dried or freeze dried meals for less then $99

No doubt this is a lost leader or in your ideas OMG give up our email addresses!

No question after the success of this partnership - this will happen again shortly!
      All I can get out of this is that HSN sold 17k five pound buckets of freeze dried or dried dinners at some unknown price(it is less than $99 apparently...). And, that this is a LOSS leader or some ploy to get email addresses? The buckets sold out in less than 15 minutes before you could buy one?

I couldn't wrap my head around "...of what may be 172 dinners..." could possibly refer to....

?( :?: Cof123 Cof123
    • ScareBear wrote:

Wise Old Owl wrote:

All I can get out of this is that HSN sold 17k five pound buckets of freeze dried or dried dinners at some unknown price(it is less than $99 apparently...). And, that this is a LOSS leader or some ploy to get email addresses? The buckets sold out in less than 15 minutes before you could buy one?
      I couldn't wrap my head around "...of what may be 172 dinners..." could possibly refer to....

?( :?: Cof123 Cof123
      Perhaps it was a test of your detective skills. I would say you passed. ;)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Honest I don't watch any shopping networks after a personal sales tragedy, and after that I discovered the hidden marketing plan. I am less than a few miles from QVC and have met many of the people that are the "talking sellers" on QVC at local restaurants, As they like to go out after hours and tear West Chester PA up with "hopping"

This being said I stopped channel surfing one night on the Vios as Wise Foods Caught my eye... and who would have thunk it prior to a Hurricane?

Odd but true.
      Woo.
    • OK at the time I had developed a sales strategy on Digital Video Camera recording sales for Circuit City. Creating four features to help folks decide what is best for them. This was 8-9 years ago, a couple walked up and asked a few questions and I was asking a few questions, about there needs or wants in a recorder. She was incredibly familiar - I just could not place her as one of the sellers at QVC as we were at Circuit City Wilmington. keep in mind HDTV was not available for TV but was for Digital Video Recording. I discussed and proved with them that if they made this purchase today that this product would be able to " capture a happy face of a son playing football half of the field away." I demo and prove this so the client gets hooked. Back then it was 36 optical zoom, with stabilization - not digital stable. They immediately incorporated this "pitch" as a client call in to sell the same product on QVC. Sales went down partly because of this at our location as I was moving the product. I caught them - the call ins from customers are clearly fake.
    • ScareBear wrote:

I could see it happening to...oh....a Kardashian....but really...WTH is a "personal sales tragedy"????
      A personal sales strategy is when you get in your car and drive to a store or at least that what it used to be long ago when there were stores. Now that each human is forced to have a small controller on their person at all times even when asleep. The controller decides what you buy. The robots became so smart so fast they never needed Terminators. See you in the zoo.
    • I've known a few car sales folks with such unsavory reputations. As a youth, one such individual would have me sit in the driver's seat and call out the odometer as he was beneath the car with a drill attached to the detached speedo cable.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC