Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Shug's freind Kirt shows winter mod Hennessy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Shug's freind Kirt shows winter mod Hennessy

Ya can't help but love Shug's videos - plum crazy stuff & thoughts he puts into his video.

Here is Minnesota, Snow shoes, sleds, hip belts. Minus 26 Degrees.
      Shug's
      Hot water bottles between the legs. - O degree bag, 20 degree bags inside each other - underquilts, two insulated pads. down booties with three socks

Kirt's Hennessy super shelter has an undercover xbed multimat 30 degree down bag sandwiched between the xbed and a open cell mat and a space blanket...over-cover on top traps warm air expelled. I bet that frosts up... something is wrong with the explanation - anyway it's not what I would do. I would have to slide a bag inside a bag...

Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:
    • Shug's freind Kirt shows winter mod Hennessy

I love the "Shug"

anyone that can play a uke, unicycle down a snowy hill in the winter(with a big fat tire i might add...way cool) and brave to elements at - 40 to bring us a video...is well, way more than just ok in my book...guy's freakin funny as hell, they literally broke the mold, we only get one about every hundred years or so, between generations.

...I feel sorry for the next generation that may have no to look up to. :lol: