Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

In the "why didn't I think of that sooner" category....

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In the "why didn't I think of that sooner" category....

So I was sitting here Tuesday afternoon....

.....eating some chicken alfredo for lunch....

....when I got to thinking, "I really hate broken shoe strings". Well, my gaiters (OR brand) have a metal hook that connects to the shoestring near the toe. This is rough on the string so I had an idea and finally thought to take care of it just now. Gaiter loops!

I sealed the square knot with super glue so we'll see how it hold up.
      If your Doctor is a tree, you're on acid.
    • I can't disagree with that.

My help took the day off and went to Boone for the weekend so I'm stuck inside drafting today. Well, I put a pot of crowder peas on last night before I went to bed and I eased in there about an hour ago to check on them and realized I didn't have any butter milk OR corn meal. Can't eat crowder peas without cornbread so I filled up the water bottle, tossed it into the daypack and did the 2.8 round trip to the dollar store and back. Got me out of the office and the oven is preheating as I type :thumbup:

(53 minutes door to door)
      If your Doctor is a tree, you're on acid.
    • Foresight wrote:

....when I got to thinking, "I really hate broken shoe strings". Well, my gaiters (OR brand) have a metal hook that connects to the shoestring near the toe. This is rough on the string so I had an idea and finally thought to take care of it just now. Gaiter loops!

You just about got those shoes broke in don't you?
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Foresight wrote:

Brilliant idea!