Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Damascus to??

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Drybones wrote:

Astro wrote:

meat wrote:

StalkingTortoise wrote:

Drybones wrote:

That stone shelter past Atkins was nice, only got to stop and eat lunch there though.
      When I got to the Chestnut Knob Shelter, I dropped my pack, laid down in the grass to soak up the sun, and told my hiking partner that I was done for the day. One of my better decisions on the AT. I even got to meet Dakota Joe later in the day.Felt so good the next day that I pulled a 22-miler to Route 52.
      what's joe up to?
      The last I heard (read) doing time.
      Aren't we all.
      Maybe so, but I appreciate the freedom of choosing where I do mine. :)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

Drybones wrote:

Astro wrote:

meat wrote:

StalkingTortoise wrote:

Drybones wrote:

That stone shelter past Atkins was nice, only got to stop and eat lunch there though.
      When I got to the Chestnut Knob Shelter, I dropped my pack, laid down in the grass to soak up the sun, and told my hiking partner that I was done for the day. One of my better decisions on the AT. I even got to meet Dakota Joe later in the day.Felt so good the next day that I pulled a 22-miler to Route 52.
      what's joe up to?
      Aren't we all.
      I hear they have good medical and dental plans, good food, cable TV, gym....what's not to like?
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Drybones wrote:

Astro wrote:

Drybones wrote:

Astro wrote:

meat wrote:

StalkingTortoise wrote:

Drybones wrote:

what's joe up to?
      Aren't we all.
      I hear they have good medical and dental plans, good food, cable TV, gym....what's not to like?

Drybones wrote:

Astro wrote:

Drybones wrote:

Astro wrote:

meat wrote:

StalkingTortoise wrote:

what's joe up to?
      Aren't we all.
      Maybe so, but riding Greyhound is as close I want to get to jail/prison.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • ...and Dakota Joe shows up in the Cafe?

Welcome to the Cafe, RealDakotaJoe.

Would love to hear an update on how things are going for you.
      Any hiking plans this year?
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • DJ,
      Hope you used that time to figure out a better path. Are you gonna be able to leave the state this year? Or will a Triple Crown have to wait? Either way, hope you embrace the healing power of nature and surround yourself with positive people.

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • hikerboy! What's up buddy! Still mad that vent you sent to me never got to me. I probably will not be doing boy hiking until 2024. Its going to take time to get enough funds up for another trail. I do not think i could swing the PCT or CDT without money. I may spend some time documenting the FT though. It is comical that a Florida boy has not hiked the Florida trail. Has anyone even yo-yo'd it yet? Last i heard nobody had done it because it was so boring. Its good to be back amongst real people. When i left the AT and went to ND i got messed up with the wrong people and got back on drugs. Everything went downhill from there.
    • TheREALdakotaJOE wrote:

hikerboy! What's up buddy! Still mad that vent you sent to me never got to me. I probably will not be doing boy hiking until 2024. Its going to take time to get enough funds up for another trail. I do not think i could swing the PCT or CDT without money. I may spend some time documenting the FT though. It is comical that a Florida boy has not hiked the Florida trail. Has anyone even yo-yo'd it yet? Last i heard nobody had done it because it was so boring. Its good to be back amongst real people. When i left the AT and went to ND i got messed up with the wrong people and got back on drugs. Everything went downhill from there.
      I hope you can stay clean. My exwife ODd 3 times before she finally checked into rehab, and she's now sober the past year and a half. Pick a goal. Any goal. And start working towards it. Florida Trail is as good a start as any.
      The trail heals.
      its all good
    • TheREALdakotaJOE wrote:

my goals are really simple as of right now. I'm currently building airboats for alumitech. I'm saving up for housing when i leave the community release center i'm housed at. That's in April. I'm still detained. Everything else comes after that.
      Cool. Crazy, but a Joey Bags video turned up in my FB memories just a few days ago and got me to wondering about you. And then here you are!
      I hope a better life is ahead of you. Just stay focused on what's really important to you.
      its all good
    • hikerboy wrote:

TheREALdakotaJOE wrote:

my goals are really simple as of right now. I'm currently building airboats for alumitech. I'm saving up for housing when i leave the community release center i'm housed at. That's in April. I'm still detained. Everything else comes after that.
      Cool. Crazy, but a Joey Bags video turned up in my FB memories just a few days ago and got me to wondering about you. And then here you are!I hope a better life is ahead of you. Just stay focused on what's really important to you.
      I heard from a friend that some of the old band was getting back together so I ended my five year hiatus and decided to pull up a stool and join the conversation (formally Trebor)
    • LtBk wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

TheREALdakotaJOE wrote:

Cool. Crazy, but a Joey Bags video turned up in my FB memories just a few days ago and got me to wondering about you. And then here you are!I hope a better life is ahead of you. Just stay focused on what's really important to you.
      I heard from a friend that some of the old band was getting back together so I ended my five year hiatus and decided to pull up a stool and join the conversation (formally Trebor)
      Trebor,
      Great to have you back in the Cafe!
      If you would like to post under 'Trebor' ,and need a password reset, just let me know.
      Or LtBk can start fresh :)

Either way, it is great to hear from you again.

John Greenleaf Whittier