Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Cord Sale at Lawson Equipment

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Shipping is taking a long time right now and I can't say I'm 100% satisfied with the customer service.

I placed an order on the 17th and it still hasn't shipped...really needed my stuff by Saturday but doesn't look like it'll be here.

So...if anyone orders, give them plenty of time. :)
      Lost in the right direction.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Traffic Jam ().

• They had a question about my order but didn't follow up. I waited 10 days before checking on the order cuz their site says it's taking up to 7 days to ship. I answered their question yet haven't heard back.

I like their products so I'm chalking it up to a fluke situation. :)

Can't wait to get my ultraglide bear line...
    • TrafficJam wrote:

They had a question about my order but didn't follow up. I waited 10 days before checking on the order cuz their site says it's taking up to 7 days to ship. I answered their question yet haven't heard back.

I like their products so I'm chalking it up to a fluke situation. :)

Can't wait to get my ultraglide bear line...
      You'll like that line. it's what I use. I've broken two sets of other line because it cut into the tree limb- not good for the tree either. It really does slide over the limbs easier and tangles less
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Shipping is taking a long time right now and I can't say I'm 100% satisfied with the customer service.

I placed an order on the 17th and it still hasn't shipped...really needed my stuff by Saturday but doesn't look like it'll be here.

They were late on some product I recently ordered. I emailed Lawson and his wife replied. Still no product. I emailed again, this time starting the email with "Dear Lawson Kline" and Lawson replied, offered a reasonable explanation and then immediately refunded 20 percent back onto my AMEX without me even hinting about it. So, just be polite but address the emails to Lawson himself and you will get a positive reply. They are swamped in March and warn to add a week onto the week already promised delay with the free shipping. I'd say that if it isn't out their door tomorrow and you send a polite email saying "WTF?" you will get money back...Lawson hates bad PR...but, two weeks to ship in March is pretty much the rule for them...they try for a 2 day ship from order date normally, but that seems...ambitious...which is why they add 3-10 BUSINESS DAYS for the actual shipping by USPS. There isn't anywhere in the CONUS that takes USPS 10 freaking business days to get to! So....I usually give them at least 5 working days to get the stuff to my door...I don't email until the 6th business day if it isn't March and it hasn't yet left his biz. YMMV!!!!
    • ScareBear wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Shipping is taking a long time right now and I can't say I'm 100% satisfied with the customer service.

They were late on some product I recently ordered. I emailed Lawson and his wife replied. Still no product. I emailed again, this time starting the email with "Dear Lawson Kline" and Lawson replied, offered a reasonable explanation and then immediately refunded 20 percent back onto my AMEX without me even hinting about it. So, just be polite but address the emails to Lawson himself and you will get a positive reply. They are swamped in March and warn to add a week onto the week already promised delay with the free shipping. I'd say that if it isn't out their door tomorrow and you send a polite email saying "WTF?" you will get money back...Lawson hates bad PR...but, two weeks to ship in March is pretty much the rule for them...they try for a 2 day ship from order date normally, but that seems...ambitious...which is why they add 3-10 BUSINESS DAYS for the actual shipping by USPS. There isn't anywhere in the CONUS that takes USPS 10 freaking business days to get to! So....I usually give them at least 5 working days to get the stuff to my door...I don't email until the 6th business day if it isn't March and it hasn't yet left his biz. YMMV!!!!
      I'm always polite. It sucks though. I find that those people who throw fits get a lot of free stuff...food in restaurants, products, discounts.
    • I just want to clarify and say that I've never ordered anything from Lawson Supply, I've never remotely had a issue with RSBTR so I just go there and order what I want. RSBTR uses USPS and 2 days later I have my stuff. Case in point, Monday I ordered some tension cord, cord locks, hyper d for food bags and some silpoly for a water filtering bag idea I have and it was in my mailbox yesterday.
      If your Doctor is a tree, you're on acid.