Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Chuck Berry has died at age 90

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trebor wrote:

Astro wrote:

And not even all band members get treated equally. Just check with Don Felder after the Eagles got back together.
      The Eagles are one of my all time favorites. Its the one band I truly regret never seeing live.
      We saw Jackson Browne in concert last year. He is the co-author (with Glenn Frey) of Take it Easy which he preformed as his encore. It was really great - probably the closest I will come to an Eagles concert.

chief wrote:

Saw the Eagles live in 1976. Dan Fogelberg opened for them. I remember it well because after the concert my girlfriend (future 1st ex-wife) and I finished loading the car for our move to crazy Los Angeles.
      Eagles with Dan Fogelberg - That's a great duo.
    • rhjanes wrote:

Richards looks a bit "Chest fallen" to me in the video.

You want to see a real "perfectionist", Youtube up some of the drummer Buddy Rich.

Buddy Rich was on the JOhnny Carson The Late Show a few times. He asked Buddy if any one had danced to his music.

Buddy replied that he was there to be listened to, not provide dance music. He told them to sit down.

Johnny said something about wouldn't you like the to show appreciation by dancing ?

Buddy Rich yelled a bit and got upset.
      --
      "What do you mean its sunrise already ?!", me.
    • I remember when I saw Jackson Browne back in the 80s. When he started to rant about politics, I told him to shut up and sing.

Perhaps I should have gotten royalties from Laura Ingraham when she wrote her book in 2003. :)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • odd man out wrote:

Trebor wrote:

Astro wrote:

And not even all band members get treated equally. Just check with Don Felder after the Eagles got back together.
      The Eagles are one of my all time favorites. Its the one band I truly regret never seeing live.
      We saw Jackson Browne in concert last year. He is the co-author (with Glenn Frey) of Take it Easy which he preformed as his encore. It was really great - probably the closest I will come to an Eagles concert.

chief wrote:

Saw the Eagles live in 1976. Dan Fogelberg opened for them. I remember it well because after the concert my girlfriend (future 1st ex-wife) and I finished loading the car for our move to crazy Los Angeles.
      Eagles with Dan Fogelberg - That's a great duo.
      i'm not a real fan of attending live concerts, but i really enjoyed that.
    • Didn't he sue the Beatles for copying "Here comes ol' Flatop?" FYI He lived a long and wonderful life.

Apparently there has been a few Chucks that recently passed away - anyone remember this Chuck?

[IMG:https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/5881074b.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1] March 21, 2017 | 10:32PM PT Chuck Barris, who hosted “The Gong Show” and created “The Dating Game” and “The Newlywed Game,” died Tuesday of natural causes in Palisades, N.Y., his publicist confirmed. He was 87.
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:
    • ^ ^ ^ White people clapping correctly on the 2 and 4 beats (as opposed to the down beat)...they had to have been rehearsed...
      The 4 hour "History of the Eagles" is a decent watch. I can see both Felders side and also Henley/Fry side. But hey, when they got back together, the two FOUNDERS (Felder wasn't) told Timothy B, Joe Freaking Walsh and Felder, sign the contract, play, go on tour, cash large checks...but NOT the same deal as the founders. Timothy and Joe were good and Felder never was.

Check out some of the people that Felder has coached on guitar...bunch of no-names....someone named Tom Petty (is he from the NASCAR clan?) and such.......
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    • rhjanes wrote:

^ ^ ^ White people clapping correctly on the 2 and 4 beats (as opposed to the down beat)...they had to have been rehearsed...
      The 4 hour "History of the Eagles" is a decent watch. I can see both Felders side and also Henley/Fry side. But hey, when they got back together, the two FOUNDERS (Felder wasn't) told Timothy B, Joe Freaking Walsh and Felder, sign the contract, play, go on tour, cash large checks...but NOT the same deal as the founders. Timothy and Joe were good and Felder never was.

Check out some of the people that Felder has coached on guitar...bunch of no-names....someone named Tom Petty (is he from the NASCAR clan?) and such.......
      This white person learned that in church.
    • I like Tom Pettys. music. Great stuff. I have the Dvd. Of his and the Heart Breakers Music. The video about Alice in Wonderland along with the road warrior one are good.

Rumor has it the pig wore the baby costume before the gal who was the director's ex-girlfriend did. This is during the Alice video Don't Come Around Here Anymore.
      --
      "What do you mean its sunrise already ?!", me.
    • WanderingStovie wrote:

rhjanes wrote:

^ ^ ^ White people clapping correctly on the 2 and 4 beats (as opposed to the down beat)...they had to have been rehearsed...

I always clap on the off beat.. just to be, well, different :D
    • Wise Old Owl wrote:

Didn't he sue the Beatles for copying "Here comes ol' Flatop?" FYI He lived a long and wonderful life.

Apparently there has been a few Chucks that recently passed away - anyone remember this Chuck?

March 21, 2017 | 10:32PM PT Chuck Barris, who hosted “The Gong Show” and created “The Dating Game” and “The Newlywed Game,” died Tuesday of natural causes in Palisades, N.Y., his publicist confirmed. He was 87.
      Sure, if ya mean by wonderful he didnt overdose and die that way, then yup, he had a fine life.
    • WanderingStovie wrote:

rhjanes wrote:

I went to a BB King Concert in a big theater in East Lansing MI back in the '80s. A thousand white people sat quietly and listened to the music and then applauded politely after each song. BB spent the whole concert trying to get the audience more engaged, with little success.