Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

You know you're in a redneck joint when

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rasty wrote:

How come 97% of beer cans laying on the side of the road are

Bud light
      Miller Lite
      Icehouse
      Coors light

When was the last time you saw a microbrew can laying on the side of the road?
      Each quarter we go out to pick up litter on a section of roadway. Invariably the most beer cans are Icehouse. The most beer bottles are Miller Lite. Usually the person picking up the most unusual item gets treated to lunch.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • ScareBear wrote:

Rasty wrote:

Bud light
      Miller Lite
      Icehouse
      Coors light

Other than Dale's, I am trying to think of a microbrew in a can....
      There are many many canned microbrews
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • sheepdog wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Thanks for picking up. I hate litter. No sense in it at all.
      That's why I like Michigan's deposit law. Kids can still make a few bucks and the roads are cleaner.
      Yeah I think the deposit thing is a good idea. They used to have here when I was a kid, did away with for some reason. I can't stand litter. I'm the guy that rolls down his window, honks his horn and flashes his lights and yells litter bug at people who throw their cigarette butts out the window.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • sheepdog wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

That's why I like Michigan's deposit law. Kids can still make a few bucks and the roads are cleaner.
      when I was in grad school at MSU I lived a couple blocks from the "student ghetto". I would "borrow" a shopping cart from the local grocery store and go shopping early Saturday morning. En route I would fill up the cart with hundreds of bottles from the gutter and use the deposit to pay my entire grocery bill. After a few months, the local high School kids caught on to the wind fall and I had to get out earlier each week to beat them to the punch.
    • odd man out wrote:

sheepdog wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

when I was in grad school at MSU I lived a couple blocks from the "student ghetto". I would "borrow" a shopping cart from the local grocery store and go shopping early Saturday morning. En route I would fill up the cart with hundreds of bottles from the gutter and use the deposit to pay my entire grocery bill. After a few months, the local high School kids caught on to the wind fall and I had to get out earlier each week to beat them to the punch.
      I went to MSU also, doubt it was the same M.....everyone carried a cow bell to football games at mine.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Now, there's a difference between redneck, country folk, and very country.
      Would you put yourself in one of those categories? My son has a most valuable asset, can fit in anywhere, right at home in a corporate board meeting or in the redest of redneck dives....I'm guessing the latter came from my genes...no idea where the former came from.....and BTW,

Astro wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

LIhikers wrote:

It's my observation that Redneck country starts in Pennsylvania.
      It starts pretty much everywhere well outside of the cities. About 1/3 of Connecticut is redneck country, so is about 3/5 of NY state by landmass.
      Hiking the AT thru PA, NJ, NY the small towns with the friendly people, American flags, churches, and country music made me feel just like I was back in the South.
      I lived in Dansville, NY for five years, was really surprised to find they're as conservative as I, enjoyed living there....good folks.
      Once you get away from the cities much of small town NY is conservative
    • Just saw the bacon bit. Man is that funny. That is the ultimate in redneckery.

My entry is nowhere close and doesn't even include a monkey.

Ahh, got sidetracked thinking of Maureen and had forgotten to include the redneck parts anyhow.

[deleted]

Datto

The post was edited 2 times, last by Datto ().

• Dan76 wrote:

Rasty wrote:

Bud light
      Miller Lite
      Icehouse
      Coors light

Each quarter we go out to pick up litter on a section of roadway. Invariably the most beer cans are Icehouse. The most beer bottles are Miller Lite. Usually the person picking up the most unusual item gets treated to lunch.
      Cheese, Slim Jim, Magnum (unopened), dildo, ...

jimmyjam wrote:

sheepdog wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Yeah I think the deposit thing is a good idea. They used to have here when I was a kid, did away with for some reason. I can't stand litter. I'm the guy that rolls down his window, honks his horn and flashes his lights and yells litter bug at people who throw their cigarette butts out the window.
      Careful, they might flick a bugger on your windshield.
    • Not about a redneck bar but it was funny so I thought I'd share it here. As I stepped out the garage a little while ago I heard a Pop! I looked up and there is Mrs jj standing on the back stoop with about 8 large brightly colored curlers in her hair and just a bath towel wrapped around her and my old daisy BB rifle to her shoulder picking squirrels off the bird feeder in the backyard. Lol! I wanted picture to post but she looked like she might take aim at me if did.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • jimmyjam wrote:

Not about a redneck bar but it was funny so I thought I'd share it here. As I stepped out the garage a little while ago I heard a Pop! I looked up and there is Mrs jj standing on the back stoop with about 8 large brightly colored curlers in her hair and just a bath towel wrapped around her and my old daisy BB rifle to her shoulder picking squirrels off the bird feeder in the backyard. Lol! I wanted picture to post but she looked like she might take aim at me if did.
      IMO, that qualifys her to be a redneck's wife.
    • Drybones wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Not about a redneck bar but it was funny so I thought I'd share it here. As I stepped out the garage a little while ago I heard a Pop! I looked up and there is Mrs jj standing on the back stoop with about 8 large brightly colored curlers in her hair and just a bath towel wrapped around her and my old daisy BB rifle to her shoulder picking squirrels off the bird feeder in the backyard. Lol! I wanted picture to post but she looked like she might take aim at me if did.
      IMO, that qualifys her to be a redneck's wife.
      I think it might make her more redneck than me. :D
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • jimmyjam wrote:

I would pay money to see that :thumbsup:
    • meat wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I'll see if I can get a picture of Little Annie Oakley in action tomorrow morning. She's liable to shoot me for it, but it would be worth it.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • jimmyjam wrote:

meat wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I'll see if I can get a picture of Little Annie Oakley in action tomorrow morning. She's liable to shoot me for it, but it would be worth it.
      don't get yourself in trouble now...we need solid posters here :D
    • jimmyjam wrote:

I can totally picture it, she sounds awesome.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

She even came with her own riding lawn mower, but no boat. :D
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Can't imagine what your neighbors think of y'all now. Sleeping in the yard was bad enough, but lil jam shooting a BB gun in her bath towel and hair rollers... :thumbsup:
    • TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Can't imagine what your neighbors think of y'all now. Sleeping in the yard was bad enough, but lil jam shooting a BB gun in her bath towel and hair rollers... :thumbsup:
      We are a trip. That's for sure. :thumbsup: it's what get when you take guy like me that's lived in woods down a private road for 25 years and then move him to the neighborhood.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

We are a trip. That's for sure. :thumbsup: it's what get when you take guy like me that's lived in woods down a private road for 25 years and then move him to the neighborhood.
      Yep, there goes the neighborhood. :D
    • TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

That's for sure. I've taught two of the neighbors how to properly holler (rebel yell) after a shot of whiskey.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

That's for sure. I've taught two of the neighbors how to properly holler (rebel yell) after a shot of whiskey.
      Cof124
    • Wife and I took a walk today and ran across a empty airline bottle of "Fireball" in the neighborhood, I said "kids" then she told me to "look over there in that bush" there was about 10 bottles of vodka, gin, and whatnots!
      ...we got a drunk on the loose.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Socks ().

• TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Property values just went down.
    • Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I wonder if that's why the county cop that lived behind us moved last year????? ?(
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • jimmyjam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

I wonder if that's why the county cop that lived behind us moved last year????? ?(

Maybe he felt like if he doesn't see it he can't arrest you all for it ?
      --
      "What do you mean its sunrise already ?!", me.
    • jimmyjam wrote:

Squirrel stew?

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • Dan76 wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Squirrel stew?
      Brunswick Stew...the real deal...not the chicken and brisket abomination....
    • When its called Daisy Dukes and the waitresses are dancing on the bar in their short short short shorts. But the band was really good, drummer, keyboards, 3 electric guitars, 1 acoustic, and a banjo.Did I mention the short shorts?
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference