Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Winter Down Throws at Sams and Costco

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Winter Down Throws at Sams and Costco

For $19 and approx 12oz down throw that comes with its own compression sack which is the size of a Grapefruit, can add warmth inside the sleeping bag. This thin blanket can be on top or on top of you inside the bag to keep legs warm, and core. We just purchased one at Sam's and our sign up was free. Marketed under Eddie Bauer, Well here is Ashley, she like it.

CLICK

Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:
    • TrafficJam wrote:

I'd like several of these for making into other things but don't have a Costco membership.
      now ya got a reason to get one!

edit to add: clark howard and his wife have a deal. when she gets a dog, he gets to name it. her current dog is maggie named after margaret thatcher. her previous two dogs, both deceased, were named QT (the gas station) and costco wholesale.
      2,000 miler

The post was edited 1 time, last by max.patch ().

• TrafficJam wrote:

I'd like several of these for making into other things but don't have a Costco membership.
      After all the discounts and $25 credit it was almost free this month. I reached out to a friend who could have picked it up for me... but when the price of Atlantic Salmon jumped at the Supermarket. I realized each purchase for a whole fish was $6 less. As I now own my company I signed the best plan I could afford. I am not going to get rich in pest control, but I am going to do my best to help others in need. I could have signed up at a wholesale union in Philadelphia, but some said it wasn't worth the trip.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

I tried it years ago but found that spending my grocery budget on a few, bulk items really pissed me off. It's probably time to try again.
      Many employers offer discounted or free memberships to Sams or Costco as a benefit.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • JimBlue wrote:

One of my employers had an employee thank you gift thing going for those who worked there for 5 or more years. I don't think Sams club membership was part of it.
      I am under the impression that they wave most of the subscription fees as a token for first time buyers at this time of the year. They may discount the second year and in turn you get used to shopping there.
    • Wise Old Owl wrote:

JimBlue wrote:

One of my employers had an employee thank you gift thing going for those who worked there for 5 or more years. I don't think Sams club membership was part of it.
      I am under the impression that they wave most of the subscription fees as a token for first time buyers at this time of the year. They may discount the second year and in turn you get used to shopping there.
      anyone confirm?

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • Dan76 wrote:

Wise Old Owl wrote:

JimBlue wrote:

anyone confirm?
      i've seen deals to sign up for non members that discount the first year; i've never seen a continuation of the discount of the deal in later years.

right now i have a coupon that came from one of those coupon mailings that come to your house from a bunch of companies. pay $45 regular price to sign up, and you get a $25 gift card for store use. that is good thru march 5.

when i signed up a couple years ago after a couple years of being a non member in addition to the gift card i also got about $20 of free food (stuff that i would have eaten anyway) making my net cost effectively zero.

i've seen deals on groupon and living social. sometimes the deals are on the sams website, sometimes not.

sams is not near as good as costco, but if you're not near a costco i'd reccommend a membership.
      2,000 miler
    • I have the Executive Membership at Costco,which pays cash back. The main reason is that the one near me (45 mile drive :D [IMG:file:///C:\Users\Mac\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png] ) has diesel fuel pumps and their prices are normally about $.25 - $.30/gal cheaper then surrounding stations. I also stock up on groceries. I will buy the large packages of meat, etc. and then divide them into single portion size and vacuum seal them for the freezer.
      The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you.
    • montana mac wrote:

I have the Executive Membership at Costco,which pays cash back. The main reason is that the one near me (45 mile drive :D [IMG:file:///C:\Users\Mac\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png] ) has diesel fuel pumps and their prices are normally about $.25 - $.30/gal cheaper then surrounding stations. I also stock up on groceries. I will buy the large packages of meat, etc. and then divide them into single portion size and vacuum seal them for the freezer.
      i also have the executive membership. they end up paying me to shop there. :)
      2,000 miler
    • Dan76 wrote:

Wise Old Owl wrote:

JimBlue wrote:

anyone confirm?
      Well I just went thru the process. I needed a better source of quality meat for BBQ. Dropped $50 bucks on Baby Back Ribs. Froze part of the package and smoked the rest.