Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Remembrances

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well I am not sure this is a fit for your new thread. A writer is looking for help, in anyone that may have met on the AT ...Inchworm.

Hello.
      I'm an author finishing up a book about the AT, the Maine Warden
      Service, the SAR community, and Gerry Largay's (Inchworm) ordeal. The
      book will celebrate her life, and her will to pursue her dream--and her
      courage and grace.
      Not looking for thoughts about mistakes or second-guessing, but rather
      if any of you spent time with her on the trail in 2013 and want to share
      anecdotes, or have something constructive to add, that would be
      wonderful.

You may email my through kickingpigpress@gmail.com, with "AT" in the subject line.
      Many thanks!

Dee Dauphinee (piscatore)
      www.ddauphinee.com
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:
    • I am proud to say I was a friend of Baltimore Jack and I miss him as much as anyone I've ever lost. Without him I never would have had the wonderful life I've had. He was an inspiration to me and allowed me to have the courage to reject the money world in favor of the life I always wanted. He was the most entertaining human and therefore was a riot to be around. We used to fight on White Blaze just to piss off the cyber hikers (if some of you are here please respond). I truly believe the world is a poorer place now that he is gone.
    • Blue Jay La Fey wrote:

I am proud to say I was a friend of Baltimore Jack and I miss him as much as anyone I've ever lost. Without him I never would have had the wonderful life I've had. He was an inspiration to me and allowed me to have the courage to reject the money world in favor of the life I always wanted. He was the most entertaining human and therefore was a riot to be around. We used to fight on White Blaze just to piss off the cyber hikers (if some of you are here please respond). I truly believe the world is a poorer place now that he is gone.
      Well I didn't know him, but through white blaze, and on his death bed (unbeknownst to me) he flamed me pretty good about something he was passionate about, I likey deserved it and I'll just say under different circumstances had we met, I think we'd have had some fun. Sorry for your loss.
    • It's been an extraordinarily tough year so far. My brother, cousin, and a beloved uncle passed away in recent months. Additionally a courageous team member and friend passed in his sleep earlier this year. We shared several high octane adventures in less than exotic locales. Unfortunately two government agencies failed to recognize the severity of the wounds contributing to his far too early demise.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • Dan76 wrote:

It's been an extraordinarily tough year so far. My brother, cousin, and a beloved uncle passed away in recent months. Additionally a courageous team member and friend passed in his sleep earlier this year. We shared several high octane adventures in less than exotic locales. Unfortunately two government agencies failed to recognize the severity of the wounds contributing to his far too early demise.
      Sorry for your loss.
    • Dan76 wrote:

It's been an extraordinarily tough year so far. My brother, cousin, and a beloved uncle passed away in recent months. Additionally a courageous team member and friend passed in his sleep earlier this year. We shared several high octane adventures in less than exotic locales. Unfortunately two government agencies failed to recognize the severity of the wounds contributing to his far too early demise.
      I'm sorry to hear about your multiple losses, it's not easy.
    • Dan76 wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope next year is better than this one, for all of us.
      Lost in the right direction.