Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Being Safe on the AT - Weapon Safety

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Jake Ace wrote:

MY comment stands, used in the commission of a crime it’ll get ya extra time on your sentence for choosing Hollow points.
      UH well I apologized for my behavior, my overreaction and bad interpretation. That being said - I have no idea if we are both right or wrong on any level... but I have two lawyers I can poll with a phone call. One here in Pa on Tuesday morning. And my brother in law in NJ. But as I have to make a legal purchase with a .22 rimfire for my job next year. I am never going to own a HP. So to be honest, this isn't a high priority to me. I just have to dispatch vermin and wadcutters. I will need the new firearm for vermin - not bad people.
      Numerous studies suggest that eating a single steak significantly increases the vulnerability to consuming the warm entrails of a freshly killed hitchhiker. Gateway Cannibals!
    • Jake Ace wrote:

Yuo’ll likely need to use whats called CB, not exactly a round for distance, more point blank between the eyes, and the humane practice. And not for nothing, you didnt need to apologize, you’re over playing it, but im not surprised you did.
      Wait - I am being nice and apologizing and this is how you reply? WWWU? Baffling.
      Numerous studies suggest that eating a single steak significantly increases the vulnerability to consuming the warm entrails of a freshly killed hitchhiker. Gateway Cannibals!
    • Wise Old Owl wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

Yuo’ll likely need to use whats called CB, not exactly a round for distance, more point blank between the eyes, and the humane practice. And not for nothing, you didnt need to apologize, you’re over playing it, but im not surprised you did.
      Wait - I am being nice and apologizing and this is how you reply? WWWU? Baffling.
      Apiligizing fornwhat and tonwhom, wad that TP maka iu Geel better, seriiusly. Kindal strage Sony cha think. UPU didot di mutton to apilogize for.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Socks ().

• montana mac wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

MY comment stands, used in the commision of a crime it’ll get ya extra time on your sentence for choosing Hollow points.
      I would like to know what source you have obtained this information and is it a state specific law. I know NJ has strict laws concerning possession of hollow points.
      Yep, NJ, dont knot about other States.

Currently there are eleven states that have barred the sale or possession of armor-piercing bullets: Alabama, California, Connecticut, Indiana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Michigan, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas.

gun.laws.com/ammunition/ammuni…-controversial-ammunition

The post was edited 2 times, last by Socks ().

• Bo Peep wrote:

1. What is overpenetration? When your bullet goes completely through what you were shooting at and hits something you didn't intend to hit. Like your neighbor.
      2. I was told (and read) that FMJ’s are good for range shooting. Is that not correct? Are there other suggestions. FMJ are great for the range. Cheaper and cycle better in autos and don't lead foul the barrel. However, please do practice at least 10 rounds of what you intend to shoot for self-defense every time you go to the range. Get used to the recoil/muzzle flip since your range ammo won't be +P loads.
      If I decide to stay with a revolver, is a speed loader recommended? Don't bother. The gunfight will be over by your 6th round.

1. I really like my 38. Except, it’s hard to squeeze the trigger (scary bear recommended some work but i don’t think the gun is worth it, it’s a 30 yr old Rossi 38 sp.) When I squeeze, it screws up my aim, because it takes too much force and pushes the muzzle up. So, I cock the hammer before each shot which takes a lot of time. Get rid of this POS as soon as you can afford to. If you are sold on a revolver, save the $400 for a Smith&Wesson snubbie, preferably one with a factory trigger job.
      2. I dont what the question is for #4. :)

Jake Ace wrote:

montana mac wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

MY comment stands, used in the commision of a crime it’ll get ya extra time on your sentence for choosing Hollow points.
      I would like to know what source you have obtained this information and is it a state specific law. I know NJ has strict laws concerning possession of hollow points.
      Yep, NJ, dont knot about other States.
      Currently there are eleven states that have barred the sale or possession of armor-piercing bullets: Alabama, California, Connecticut, Indiana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Michigan, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas.

You can add Illinois to the armor piercing prohibition. However, armor piercing and hollow points are at totally different ends of the bullet spectrum. I don't know anywhere that hollow points are forbidden or when used carry a different sentencing spectrum.

gun.laws.com/ammunition/ammuni…-controversial-ammunition
    • If from NJ this is the info from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The state of New Jersey bans possession of hollow point bullets by civilians, except for ammunition possessed at one's own dwellings, premises, or other lands owned or possessed, or for, while and traveling to and from hunting with a hunting license if otherwise legal for the particular game. The law also requires all hollow point ammunition to be transported directly from the place of purchase to one's home or premises, or hunting area, or by members of a rifle or pistol club directly to a place of target practice, or directly to an authorized target range from the place of purchase or one's home or premises
      The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you.
    • Jake Ace wrote:

Wise Old Owl wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

Apiligizing fornwhat and tonwhom, wad that TP maka iu Geel better, seriiusly. Kindal strage Sony cha think. UPU didot di mutton to apilogize for.
      AHHH ALCOHOLLL was inviled sontob whom wat? Seriously - lets move on...
      [*]
      [*]

Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed be the facts.
    • Wise Old Owl wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

Wise Old Owl wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed be the facts.
      [Cough “Bull Shyte” Cough]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Socks ().

• Jake Ace wrote:

Wise Old Owl wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

Wise Old Owl wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

I was just blowing by all the bull shite above without reading and this caught my eye on the way by and I just had to give it a like.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Drybones wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

Wise Old Owl wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

Wise Old Owl wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

I was just blowing by all the bull shite above without reading and this caught my eye on the way by and I just had to give it a like.
      twas a hard one to illustrate
    • Jake Ace wrote:

Drybones wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

Wise Old Owl wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

Wise Old Owl wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

I gave up on this thread long ago. Just for reference, it is difficult to respond to something that is undecipherable....all I know is that somebody was espousing a CB .22 round for some purpose other than punching a hole in paper at 20 feet or less. My air rifle fires a .22 pellet at 3 times the speed of a CB round...CB is what a trapper would use for a point-blank coup de grace on the skull of his furbearer...it likely won't penetrate the forehead of a human skull...
    • ScareBear wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

Drybones wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

Wise Old Owl wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

Wise Old Owl wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

I gave up on this thread long ago. Just for reference, it is difficult to respond to something that is undecipherable....all I know is that somebody was espousing a CB .22 round for some purpose other than punching a hole in paper at 20 feet or less. My air rifle fires a .22 pellet at 3 times the speed of a CB round...CB is what a trapper would use for a point-blank coup de grace on the skull of his furbearer...it likely won't penetrate the forehead of a human skull...
      don’t give up on us!
      In life there are no limitations. Except stupidity. If you're stupid, you're screwed.

Stephan Pastis
    • Drybones wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

My comuters slic and evrytgnk i typr Coms kut rong unless i edit...Somtimes it just aint worth it.
      I will never (I hope) buy another cheap computer, I can't type anyway but with this computer it's impossible for me...didn't realize how much help the raised keys were on my previous computer.
      As with a lot of things in life, you do not realize how good things are until it is gone.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Drybones wrote:

I hate to say it, but one of the wisest sayings I've heard was from a salesman....."in six months you'll forget what you paid for it but you will have to live with it every day".
      One F*ing wise salesperson!
    • Drybones wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

My comuters slic and evrytgnk i typr Coms kut rong unless i edit...Somtimes it just aint worth it.
      I will never (I hope) buy another cheap computer, I can't type anyway but with this computer it's impossible for me...didn't realize how much help the raised keys were on my previous computer.