Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Bay Circuit Trail - Massachusetts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bay Circuit Trail - Massachusetts

I have finished a three-year Day Hike/ Bike of the Bay Circuit Trail. If you would like to see my Trail Journal for this trail, here it is...

trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=460543

Interestingly, the Bay Circuit Trail was originally suggested by no less than Benton MacKaye as a green necklace around metropolitan Boston. Unfortunately, in the time it took for people to make this dream a reality it became a walk through suburbia rather than the wilderness experience he envisioned.

Not anything any of you should travel to to hike, but it is a pleasant enough walk when it is right in your own backyard
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier

The post was edited 1 time, last by IMScotty ().

• In a way it sounds like the roads that were going to circle Houston, Texas. The highway construction got about 25 percent done. And the highway became a very wide slow moving street.

places I went camping and hiking in Texas are either under water behind a flood control dam or under a housing development. I was looking at Google maps and realized I would have to find new places to go to there.
      --
      "What do you mean its sunrise already ?!", me.
    • One of my fave Hill Country deer stands is now someone's living room. I once killed a 9 and an 8 pointer with a bow...24 hours and one minute apart from this stand.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • Dan76 wrote:

One of my fave Hill Country deer stands is now someone's living room. I once killed a 9 and an 8 pointer with a bow...24 hours and one minute apart from this stand.
      Well....just invite yourself in and replace the stand with an easy chair, I could kill deer at my son's place while eating dinner if I open the door, they watched us eat while we watched them eat.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.