Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Turk, you on here?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Turk, you on here?

Over on WB there was a thread about NOC to Standing Bear. Since I'm considering doing that section next, although starting from Franklin, I decided to read it. The post was actually a link to Turk's TJ. The reason I asked if Turk is on here is the following sentence from his TJ:

Turk wrote:

As much as you have to embrace the suck on the AT at times, you have to also embrace the muck.
      After I read his report of his 10 day trip in October, I read his 2012 TJ - Springer to NC-GA state line and am reading his 2013 TJ - 100 mile wilderness.

Based on what I've read so far, if he's not already on the Café, I think he'd fit in well here.
    • Trillium wrote:

Over on WB there was a thread about NOC to Standing Bear. Since I'm considering doing that section next, although starting from Franklin, I decided to read it. The post was actually a link to Turk's TJ. The reason I asked if Turk is on here is the following sentence from his TJ:

Turk wrote:

As much as you have to embrace the suck on the AT at times, you have to also embrace the muck.
      After I read his report of his 10 day trip in October, I read his 2012 TJ - Springer to NC-GA state line and am reading his 2013 TJ - 100 mile wilderness.
      Based on what I've read so far, if he's not already on the Café, I think he'd fit in well here.
      We love when folks have "Savior faire" takes a certain temperament.
    • Trillium wrote:

Turk wrote:

You saying he's a misfit?
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Trillium wrote:

Turk wrote:

Send him an invite

Send an Invitation to the Cafe
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Rasty wrote:

Trillium wrote:

Turk wrote:

After I read his report of his 10 day trip in October, I read his 2012 TJ - Springer to NC-GA state line and am reading his 2013 TJ - 100 mile wilderness.Based on what I've read so far, if he's not already on the Café, I think he'd fit in well here.
      Send him an invite
      Send an Invitation to the Cafe
      DONE.

Didn't know about that feature. Thanks for pointing it out.
    • Trillium wrote:

Rasty wrote:

Trillium wrote:

Turk wrote:

After I read his report of his 10 day trip in October, I read his 2012 TJ - Springer to NC-GA state line and am reading his 2013 TJ - 100 mile wilderness.Based on what I've read so far, if he's not already on the Café, I think he'd fit in well here.
      Send him an inviteSend an Invitation to the Cafe
      DONE.
      Didn't know about that feature. Thanks for pointing it out.
      I forgot about it myself
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123