Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Bear Grylls Hammock

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bear Grylls Hammock

I just saw this hammock on YouTube. It looks okay for 60 bucks and has a attached bug net. It weighs in at 2.5 lbs but can get lighter. Does anyone know anything about this hammock? I would only be using one for the occasional weekend trip.
      RIAP
    • Bear Grylls Hammock

not a bad basic hammock -- and you are right -- pretty heavy. part of that is the size -- it is a big hammock, which will make it comfortable for you (you look tall!) another part is the suspension, and you are right again -- it makes sense to loose the caribeners (sorry about the spelling...). it is a good price with the net, and cheap enough so it can't hurt to try it. it is like a bigger skeeter beater pro.
      kick out the jams, bunny rabbit!
    • Re:Bear Grylls Hammock

I figure that if I do some pretty simple modifications and add my tarp I would have a shelter system that weighs a little over three pounds. That's not too bad. And you are correct, I am tall. 6'6" comes in handy for changing lightbulbs or getting something from the top shelf but it sucks when looking for gear.
      RIAP