Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Tensegrity Hammock Stand at Trail Days - excellent

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tensegrity Hammock Stand at Trail Days - excellent

ok WOO... i tried to watch it all, and didn't quite catch the weight of the thing -- but it doesn't look like anyone would want to carry it very far -- but for car camping it does seem perfect. once you admit that it weighs more than you want to carry, then alternatives like:

Therm-A-Rest
      Luxurylite Ultralite Cot

or even just a standard camp cot probably start to make sense. Heck, you could stack three big agnes superpads in a nylon sleeve and bring a down comforter and it would weigh less. or bring an inflatable mattress and battery powered pump.

so... call me old fashioned, but i think hammocks belong in trees. or in picnic pavilions. or under bridges... anywhere that they don't need a carry-along suspension rig.

i have thought about this -- if i were to camp in an area which didn't always have trees (not likely, unfortunately) i would bring a tarp, a neoair pad, some kind of bug net that i could use on the ground as well as in a hammock, and i would bring a hammock... and i woould just suck up being on the ground occassionally.

so there. you asked for a response, right?

oh -- and is that Dutch guy the guy who makes all the Dutch stuff for hammocks? never saw him before...
      kick out the jams, bunny rabbit!
    • Tensegrity Hammock Stand at Trail Days - excellent

Yes I think that is Dutch

No you would not backpack with this.. this is for when you back of car camp with Boy Scouts and mess with their brains,,,,

Its mechanical properties surprise folk
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup: