Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

new AT record

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• max.patch wrote:

mental note wrote:

your suspect! :D Nor did eye
      i know my audience :) which is why i wrote the one sentence recap.
      okay, I've had diner and now read the whole kit and kabootale...I don't recognise ninja as anything but a up tight and needy person and certainly not a FKT holder, she should just let it go or make plans to try again under the gentlemans/gentalwomens guidelines set up...good luck to her. And who the plug is meatball and why does she keep saying we? Go do some yogo.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Socks ().

• I stopped commenting on this subject when it became clear to me (just do some Goggling) that 'Wild Card Ninja' had mental health issues and was in a fragile state. I still worry about how she may ultimately react to the exposure of this fraud. I hope that she is not being used by others in this kerfuckle.

That said, it is hard not to react to Jenny Meatball's most recent post. Her post is insulting dribble, 'grounded in raw truth' my ass. I am beginning to suspect that she is the 'brains' behind this operation. She certainly has been beating the bushes seeking 'donors' to pay for their hike. I
      hikeforourlives.org/donate-directly
      givesendgo.com/noyogileftbehind
      m.facebook.com/TheArc38/posts/1148014025256232
      gofundme.com/freedom2fit
      freedom2fit.org

I really do not personally care about FKT's, but I think that the evidence in this case points to outright fraud. I have no respect for someone who would steal an accomplishment from people who actually went out there and earned it.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • IMScotty wrote:

I stopped commenting on this subject when it became clear to me (just do some Goggling) that 'Wild Card Ninja' had mental health issues and was in a fragile state. I still worry about how she may ultimately react to the exposure of this fraud. I hope that she is not being used by others in this kerfuckle.

That said, it is hard not to react to Jenny Meatball's most recent post. Her post is insulting dribble, 'grounded in raw truth' my ass. I am beginning to suspect that she is the 'brains' behind this operation. She certainly has been beating the bushes seeking 'donors' to pay for their hike. I
      hikeforourlives.org/donate-directly
      givesendgo.com/noyogileftbehind
      m.facebook.com/TheArc38/posts/1148014025256232
      gofundme.com/freedom2fit
      freedom2fit.org

I really do not personally care about FKT's, but I think that the evidence in this case points to outright fraud. I have no respect for someone who would steal an accomplishment from people who actually went out there and earned it.
      Interesting perspective about JM. I haven't read any of her stuff so my initial thought is she is an idealistic, naive person who wants to think the best of everyone, was bamboozled, and can't see the truth.

You may be right.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • mental note wrote:

Either way that relationship reeks of co-dependency...
      That was my thought, although I used the term 'symbiotic parasites'. They need each other, and they both feed off of others.

The Meatball needs a fragile Ninja so she can function as a promoter, handler and fund raiser, as well as share in the alleged achievement. Think Don King.

The Ninja needs a Meatball to serve as her mouthpiece, discredit the doubters, and keep pushing for donations.

They both need outsiders to buy into their claims, support the cause and keep clicking on the DONATE button.

September 4th, 06:00 - Rockfish Gap. 861.3 miles to Springer (per the 2016 ATC Data Book).
      September 18th 16:50 - Springer Mountain

861.3 miles / 15.5 days = 55.57 miles per day. Every day. Adding in the time to leave the trail for re-supply makes the numbers even more incredible. Or un-credible. Maybe non-credible. ?( I'm really looking forward to the release of the evidence package. It should keep me entertained for a few days just crunching the numbers. Then the counter-claims and cries of "Haterz!" will drag this on for months and help me pass the time until my next section hike.
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Clingmans Dome and Max Patch NC to Gorham NH

"The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are pretty good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard
    • StalkingTortoise wrote:

mental note wrote:

That was my thought, although I used the term 'symbiotic parasites'. They need each other, and they both feed off of others.
      The Meatball needs a fragile Ninja so she can function as a promoter, handler and fund raiser, as well as share in the alleged achievement. Think Don King.

The Ninja needs a Meatball to serve as her mouthpiece, discredit the doubters, and keep pushing for donations.

They both need outsiders to buy into their claims, support the cause and keep clicking on the DONATE button.

September 4th, 06:00 - Rockfish Gap. 861.3 miles to Springer (per the 2016 ATC Data Book).

861.3 miles / 15.5 days = 55.57 miles per day. Every day. Adding in the time to leave the trail for re-supply makes the numbers even more incredible. Or un-credible. Maybe non-credible. ?( I'm really looking forward to the release of the evidence package. It should keep me entertained for a few days just crunching the numbers. Then the counter-claims and cries of "Haterz!" will drag this on for months and help me pass the time until my next section hike.
      Ayup, at least will have somethin to read this winter.
    • oh my goodness -- ya gotta look at this. some dude tried to do a FKT of running across the country and got caught yellow blazing. check out the work that was done to prove the dude cheated. makes CSI Whiteblaze look like rank amateurs. ya don't have to read it -- just scroll and look at all the charts, etc. wow! and the link goes to a summary -- i didn't download the whole shootin match.

sportsscientists.com/2016/10/r…vestigation-key-findings/
      2,000 miler
    • Wow. And the scary part is that I am currently in training on how to collect and analyze data to spot those type of anomalies. Moral of the story is: Don't carry electronic tracking devices if you plan on cheating. The electrons will find their way into the truth.

For the Ninja, the utter lack of GPS data points means the analysis will be reliant on eyewitness sightings along the trail and corroboration with her social media posts - many of which have disappeared (like a ninja into the night). Everything in-between the sightings will have to be accepted as fact - with a leap of faith.
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Clingmans Dome and Max Patch NC to Gorham NH

"The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are pretty good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard
    • max.patch wrote:

oh my goodness -- ya gotta look at this. some dude tried to do a FKT of running across the country and got caught yellow blazing. check out the work that was done to prove the dude cheated. makes CSI Whiteblaze look like rank amateurs. ya don't have to read it -- just scroll and look at all the charts, etc. wow! and the link goes to a summary -- i didn't download the whole shootin match.

dats beautiful...i'd never waste my time cataloging,
      Corolating, and prolly a few things illegal in the Southern states...I rather waste my time here. :D Though that is impressive!
    • max.patch wrote:

oh my goodness -- ya gotta look at this. some dude tried to do a FKT of running across the country and got caught yellow blazing. check out the work that was done to prove the dude cheated. makes CSI Whiteblaze look like rank amateurs. ya don't have to read it -- just scroll and look at all the charts, etc. wow! and the link goes to a summary -- i didn't download the whole shootin match.

Someone should be sending that on to Ninja and company......Tell them to look forward to similar.
      Just reading their postings, meh.....
      The one comment I found to be a "tell", was somewhere, Ninja claimed to have heard about Anish, become enthralled with the idea and posted something about "consumed everything I could about how Anish did, track, posts". Yeah, and then Ninja did "none of the above".
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    • This story has more twists than... the AT through SNP!

Scott Jenkins, 2000-miler and owner of the Mountain Home Hostel in Front Royal posted his support of the Ninja on his hostel's facebook page along with a picture of them at the hostel on the morning of September 3rd. And without realizing it, he contradicted the Ninja's claims.

At first, the Ninja said she did a 53 mile day from Front Royal to the Bearfence shelter, rolling in at 22:30 and looking forward to six hours of sleep. Then when the Billie Bearbait hitch came to light, she changed her story to hiking 28 hours straight to get from Front Royal to Rockfish Gap on the 4th. Scott Jenkins, in defense of the Ninja's character, posted this:

I looked forward to seeing my friend on her way through Virginia and I was thrilled when Kaiha overnighted at the Cabbin September 2nd. Before she left the next day, I remember we talked about staying focused and not letting anything distract her from her goal. She was poised for a big day as she hiked out early the morning of September 3rd. Early the following morning, she announced she'd had a 50+ mile day and I was not surprised.

So now the Ninja is back in the quandry of explaining how she spent at least part of the night at the Bearfence shelter but still had time to hike the 54 miles from Bearfence to Rockfish Gap by 10:33 the next morning when she used Billie's cellphone to call Stanimal's Hostel.

I think I understand why this saga is holding my interest. It took a lot of effort for me to knock off the 107 miles from Rockfish Gap to Route 522 but I eventually passed every blaze. When I eventually reach Katahdin, I will proudly be able to claim that I hiked the entire Appalachian Trail and have the photographic documentation to prove it.

1st Section 2009
      Swift Run Gap to Skyland
      Hitched from Skyland to Thorton Gap
      Thorton Gap to the Elkwallow Wayside
      Hitched from the Elkwallow Wayside to Gravel Springs Gap
      Gravel Springs Gap to Route 522

2nd Section 2010
      Skyland to Thorton Gap
      Rockfish Gap to Hightop Mountain parking area

3rd Section (2010 family trip to Skyland)
      Hightop Mountain parking area to Swift Run Gap
      Little Hogback Overlook to Gravel Springs Gap

4th Section (2012 solo out & back day hike)
      Elkwallow Wayside to Little Hogback Overlook

• mental note wrote:

StalkingTortoise wrote:

I do so like a nice warm bowl of popcorn on those cold winter evenings.
      I'm not lost. I know where I am. I'm right here.
    • I'm trying to figure out what these ladies did to raise awareness for sexual assault? I haven't looked into it closely so if anyone knows and wants to share...

I might be wrong, but It seems that donations (after purchasing gear) went to Mountain Home (?) and some other place. What do these places have to do with sexual assault? Why not donate the money to RAINN or a women's shelter?

I know it's not relevant to the FKT situation, but for me, it's one more reason to question their motives.
    • AnotherKevin wrote:

mental note wrote:

StalkingTortoise wrote:

I do so like a nice warm bowl of popcorn on those cold winter evenings.
      Ha! I can eat popcorn every day and often it's my dinner!
    • Back in college, the old house I lived in had 8" door jambs. My roommate and I popped popcorn for weeks and kept it in trash bags. One night after we were done drinking, we waited for our buddy to fall asleep in his room and then duct-taped plastic sheeting to the outside of the door jamb and the floor, leaving a gap at the top. Then we dumped the popcorn in and sealed up the top.

The next morning, our buddy opened his door and saw nothing but popcorn - he thought we had filled the entire hallway.

And THAT'S how you have fun with popcorn.

Mmmmmm... Popcorn. Add some bacon and you really have something.

Back in college, the old house I lived in had 8" door jambs. My roommate and I popped popcorn for weeks and kept it in trash bags. One night after we were done drinking, we waited for our buddy to fall asleep in his room and then duct-taped plastic sheeting to the outside of the door jamb and the floor, leaving a gap at the top. Then we dumped the popcorn in and sealed up the top.

The next morning, our buddy opened his door and saw nothing but popcorn - he thought we had filled the entire hallway.

That's awesome!
    • mental note wrote:

StalkingTortoise wrote:

Back in college, the old house I lived in had 8" door jambs. My roommate and I popped popcorn for weeks and kept it in trash bags. One night after we were done drinking, we waited for our buddy to fall asleep in his room and then duct-taped plastic sheeting to the outside of the door jamb and the floor, leaving a gap at the top. Then we dumped the popcorn in and sealed up the top.

That's awesome!
      When I was in college, the campus radio station had annual trivia contest. This was pre-Internet so you had to rely on your own knowledge to answer questions. Most people would get teams together to compete. Our team came in second place, and our prize was a 50 lb sack of Orville Redenbacher popcorn (this was in Valparaiso IN which is Orville's home town). So our team got together the night of the Larry Bird-Magic Johnson NCAA final for a giant popcorn/basketball party. Because Valpo is in NW Indiana, about half the school was routing for MSU and the other half for ISU. I was from MD, so I didn't care so much about the game and since I was one of the few with popcorn popping experience, I spent the whole night in the kitchen popping 50 lbs of popcorn.
    • Ha, I had to double check the title to make sure I was in the right thread. You guys and your thread drift.... :)

It looks like the 'Hike for Our Lives' Facebook page has been taken down. I suspect it was becoming increasingly burdensome to try to explain away all the holes in the timeline. On the positive side the hikeforourlives.org blogsite is still up and running, so you can still donate your money there
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • IMScotty wrote:

Ha, I had to double check the title to make sure I was in the right thread. You guys and your thread drift.... :)

It looks like the 'Hike for Our Lives' Facebook page has been taken down. I suspect it was becoming increasingly burdensome to try to explain away all the holes in the timeline. On the positive side the hikeforourlives.org blogsite is still up and running, so you can still donate your money there
      Interesting development.

mental note wrote:

Jennys name is Jenny Carrington.
      Shes a bit of a .......unusual person ...based on her facebook page
      Mentions kaiha being at the point where they "fell in love" in one post
      She is into polyamory and refers to it a few times

Not first cause she has collected "donations" for
    • muddywaters wrote:

StalkingTortoise wrote:

mental note wrote:

That was my thought, although I used the term 'symbiotic parasites'. They need each other, and they both feed off of others.The Meatball needs a fragile Ninja so she can function as a promoter, handler and fund raiser, as well as share in the alleged achievement. Think Don King.

last night I read a little about her history from the hikeforourlives link... i feel that these ladies have a lot of internal struggles and hope they can find peace and happiness.
    • muddywaters wrote:

StalkingTortoise wrote:

mental note wrote:

That was my thought, although I used the term 'symbiotic parasites'. They need each other, and they both feed off of others.The Meatball needs a fragile Ninja so she can function as a promoter, handler and fund raiser, as well as share in the alleged achievement. Think Don King.

Is that the one where you can marry a bridge?
    • jimmyjam wrote:

Slingshot and I are working on new FKT. Tonight its the FKT to inhale a large pizza and drink a six pack of tall boys. Please let CSI Just Bill know so he can verify our record. :D
      Receipts or it didn't happen! :D

Hope itnwas cheaper than this!
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • jimmyjam wrote:

yikes elf! We're running a tab so we have no idea what we're doing- as usual I'm dazed and confused. :)
      That receipt was for one pizza.

The place is family owned and I think that mistake was the last time they allowed the aging matriarch to work the register. I still wonder how much the merchant fee cost them for that reversal...
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • mental note wrote:

muddywaters wrote:

StalkingTortoise wrote:

mental note wrote:

Jennys name is Jenny Carrington.Shes a bit of a .......unusual person ...based on her facebook page

It's the one where you marry a plastic peoduct
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Rasty wrote:

mental note wrote:

muddywaters wrote:

StalkingTortoise wrote:

mental note wrote:

That was my thought, although I used the term 'symbiotic parasites'. They need each other, and they both feed off of others.The Meatball needs a fragile Ninja so she can function as a promoter, handler and fund raiser, as well as share in the alleged achievement. Think Don King.The Ninja needs a Meatball to serve as her mouthpiece, discredit the doubters, and keep pushing for donations.

Jennys name is Jenny Carrington.Shes a bit of a .......unusual person ...based on her facebook pageMentions kaiha being at the point where they "fell in love" in one post

It's the one where you marry a plastic viaduct
      Fixed it.