Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

new AT record

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JimBlue wrote:

mental note wrote:

Me to. What evidence exists she didn't do what she claims ?
      justbill said so and justbill never lies. what else do ya need?

wait a minute...
      2,000 miler

The post was edited 1 time, last by max.patch ().

• max.patch wrote:

and while she carried a spot, and promised to release the results, anish has not yet done so. (according to just bill). why has the release of these gps records not been demanded by CSI whiteblaze?
      a few days ago anish with the assistance of matt kirk (iirc) released a record of her spot log. it supposedly (i didn't review it) shows the locations when she clicked the spot to generate a record of that particular location. it is not a record of where she spent each nite, it is more random than that.
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

JimBlue wrote:

mental note wrote:

justbill said so and justbill never lies. what else do ya need?
      wait a minute...
      Don't know him. Even my high school buddy, whom I would stand back to back in a major event where our lives where in danger and all I had was a small stick to defend myself with, I would ask him for evidence for something like this.

for example: He didn't do it in the time she did, or thinks she couldn't do it in the time she says it was done by her ? That why he doesn't believe her ?

I have no direct knowledge of the AT. So I have to rely on you all for data. But I don't see any data on this situation, but lots of 'she didn't do it'. Thats not evidence of anything, one way or the other.

edit: And yes, some of my relatives, high school classmates, etc. have suggested I would become a lawyer, but I didn't.
      --
      "What do you mean its sunrise already ?!", me.
    • JimBlue wrote:

mental note wrote:

She showed up out of nowhere and claimed that she bested several worldclass athletes by a less than believable margin, having done so without any proper planning and ended the trip in much better physical condition than any of the recent people to beat the record. Add to that that when she asked for people who met her on the trail to come forward and support her claim, most of those who came forward did so only to poke holes in the story.

TLDR: The whole thing's fishy and it's on her to prove it
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • JimBlue wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

If it wasn't raining, I'd drive down and drag you out of that cave :huh:
      I don't live in a cave. You have evidence she lied, post it. As I said, I wouldn't take an unsupported claim from my best bud.
      I haven't said I accepted her claim, I have said I haven't seen any evidence proving she lied.
      so your bestie doesn't get the benefit of a doubt, but a hiker you never met does? wow, i think bare boobs hath clouded your judgement.
    • SarcasmTheElf wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

Ok, easy now boys..... I was schoochin' with my real life friend 'Socks :whistling:
      Gotcha, I had thought you meant that you and Bodyman were gonna stop by the cottage (and hopefully bring me a pizza :D )
      I almost did last week! We finished early Sunday, I had time and a wild hair so I took 34 home. The place where you can see your house, is curvy and narrow, lots of traffic. I was thinking of pulling over, & texting you to look out your window.......... too much traffic to slow down, find a spot...... so I slowed down opened my window and yelled....'Hey Dave!'
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:
    • IMScotty wrote:

I've been to three. Before that was the Top Secret MLK weekend, I think. Next year will be MLK V?

Fifth year Anniversary? That calls for a Double layer Cheesecake! :)
      Not so top secret, just 4 connecticut boys and one New Yawker...... back in the olden days of the Cafe'.............we may have been alittle scary to want to get involved with. And that part of the trail isn't 'just off the interstate'
    • CoachLou wrote:

I guess I should have quoted 'socks in the first place... when he was JOKING about rehashing this...... have you never had a pie from Tolli's......... by the way, did I tell you I have gotten a replacement tip for my BD ergo cork flip locks? :thumbsup:
      Nope, I've never made it to Tolli's, I don't get out that much right bow and Roseland is so close to where I live!
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • CoachLou wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

Ok, easy now boys..... I was schoochin' with my real life friend 'Socks :whistling:
      Gotcha, I had thought you meant that you and Bodyman were gonna stop by the cottage (and hopefully bring me a pizza :D )
      I almost did last week! We finished early Sunday, I had time and a wild hair so I took 34 home. The place where you can see your house, is curvy and narrow, lots of traffic. I was thinking of pulling over, & texting you to look out your window.......... too much traffic to slow down, find a spot...... so I slowed down opened my window and yelled....'Hey Dave!'
      So that was you! :D

For the first few years we lived here there was a trucker who was friends with one of the neighors down the road and worked the graveyard shift. He would blast his horn about a dozen times when he passed by rte 34 each night.
    • SarcasmTheElf wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

So that was you! :D
      For the first few years we lived here there was a trucker who was friends with one of the neighors down the road and worked the graveyard shift. He would blast his horn about a dozen times when he passed by rte 34 each night.
      Ok then....... it will be a Japanese car sounding horn :thumbsup:
    • SarcasmTheElf wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

I guess I should have quoted 'socks in the first place... when he was JOKING about rehashing this...... have you never had a pie from Tolli's......... by the way, did I tell you I have gotten a replacement tip for my BD ergo cork flip locks? :thumbsup:
      Nope, I've never made it to Tolli's, I don't get out that much right bow and Roseland is so close to where I live!
      i had a pie in CT once. it was almost...mystical.
      2,000 miler
    • I prefer to let anyone say they have hiked anywhere in any amount of time. Someone could claim they have hiked on the Earth's moon if they want to. But that hike would have to have been done by one of the Apollo astronauts that landed on the Earth's moon. before I believed the claim.

And actually, I was getting the impression you all didn't accept her word, because she is a woman.

Its immaterial to me who walks a trail faster. I ignore celebrity and athletic endorsements of products because I ignore 99% of all adverts. Or 99.999% of all adverts. And likley have the mute on for 100% of them.
      --
      "What do you mean its sunrise already ?!", me.
    • JimBlue wrote:

I prefer to let anyone say they have hiked anywhere in any amount of time. Someone could claim they have hiked on the Earth's moon if they want to. But that hike would have to have been done by one of the Apollo astronauts that landed on the Earth's moon. before I believed the claim.

And actually, I was getting the impression you all didn't accept her word, because she is a woman.

Its immaterial to me who walks a trail faster. I ignore celebrity and athletic endorsements of products because I ignore 99% of all adverts. Or 99.999% of all adverts. And likley have the mute on for 100% of them.
      i'm sorry, but we've moved on to more important topics like pizza. :)

being a woman has nothing to do with it. the current unsupported record is held by a woman, and the supported record was recently held by a woman.

there are a couple reasons (plus a whole lotta other details that i won't get into) for the skepticism. first, this was a hike done by an unknown person with no prior resume that was basically done in secret til near the end. second, not only did she crush the existing unsupported record by 8 days, while hiking unsupported she beat the supported record time done by a world class runner by a day. if you understand the difference between supported and unsupported this is mind boggling.
      2,000 miler
    • JimBlue wrote:

Are you aware that one of the two records she is claiming to have beaten (overall unsupported time) is currently held by a woman (Anishe), and the other record (overall supported time) was held by by a woman until 2015 (Jen Pharr Davis)?
    • CoachLou wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

So that was you! :D For the first few years we lived here there was a trucker who was friends with one of the neighors down the road and worked the graveyard shift. He would blast his horn about a dozen times when he passed by rte 34 each night.
      Ok then....... it will be a Japanese car sounding horn :thumbsup:
      I've been doing that to my uncle on Route 80 in Guilford since I could drive......he hears me every once in a while and says when he hears it he knows its me!!!
    • max.patch wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

Then you must have been in Mystic, Connecticut :rolleyes:
    • LIhikers wrote:

max.patch wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

You can not drive east of New Haven County and expect a good apizza ;)
    • LIhikers wrote:

max.patch wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

yep, spent the day at the seaport.

i was gonna say the pie was "in a word...superb" but i didn't think anyone would get the reference.
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

LIhikers wrote:

max.patch wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

yep, spent the day at the seaport.
      i was gonna say the pie was "in a word...superb" but i didn't think anyone would get the reference.
      yeah I seen the chick flick "mystic pizza" :D
    • jenny meatballs speaks:

(executive summary; she did the hike, she set the record, billie beartrap lied, they are putting together a package that will document her hike, no interviews until the package is released.)

UPDATE: Thank you for your patience as Kaiha and I have gotten our bearings this past week or so. It is not easy to collect yourself emotionally when meeting your basic survival needs are still a daily struggle which is a truth for both of us right now. Partnering on this vision was truly a whirlwind - a beautiful, blessed, miraculous, grounded in raw truth whirlwind. So yes, we are emotional, and not afraid it. Life is about balance.
      Now that the dust is starting to settle, we have found that many of the challenges we came up against while documenting A Hike for Our Lives have been more fruitful than even we anticipated and we are really excited to share a very strong evidence package for any and all who are interested. What we really want is that anything we present is as thorough as possible as well as digestible as possible. We want to invite anyone to see the truth who wants to know more about the Hike for Our Lives mission that may not be well-versed in the trail geography or other "in" hiking or ultra running language.
      What we want you to know right now, tonight, since we know you are eager for more information, is that we absolutely hold ourselves accountable for truth! We even call each other out when something is up in our individual intuition because we are all humans! In this instance, the audience we are holding our truths accountable to is not just the FKT board. We are holding ourselves accountable to the many women and men who have come forward to share their stories with us, to our donors, and to the fellow hikers each of us met along our individual journeys. We feel personally responsible for sharing their enthusiasm for our mission as we aim to lift the veil of ignorance from our culture's eyes to the reality of rape culture and let the power of fitness and permaculture to heal PTSD really speak for itself through each of us. We hold ourselves accountable not only to our peers but to the children of the earth and our children's children who we want to be raised in a world of love, compassion, yoga, hiking, and locally sourced food!
      But hey - you are right, Kaiha was going for a record! Although unaware of many of the nuances and intricacies of what "going for it" really meant until well into the hike when it was brought to her attention (which is also clearly documented), Kaiha did her personal best every single day out there, and so did I on my own journey. At this time, we are pleased to announce that we are extremely confident that Kaiha walked every step of the Appalachian trail on her SoBo record attempt; that not carrying a GPS does not disqualify her from setting any FKT; that hitchhiking does not automatically disqualify her from setting the self-supported record; and that hitchhiking with Billie Beartrap was not only truthful but that it was a truth she was not trying to hide from the public.
      Another part of the facts that has come to light in this aftermath is that the hitchhike taken by Kaiha with Billie Beartrap did NOT originate in Swift Run Gap as he has suggested because we have hard evidence that Kaiha was already in the southern portion of Shenandoah National Park during the time frame this claim was made. Conversely, to us it is clear that there is a community of folks who is determined to undermine the validity of this hike and that there is a lot more doubt and hatred in the world to overcome than we had realized. Fortunately, we know how to stand up to bullies of all kinds, arm in arm.
      Due to our inability to respond directly to every single inquiry on every single public page and forum, we will release this hard evidence only when her entire package is complete in order to ensure that everyone who is interested can fully absorb the details of her hike at large before addressing her with any further questions. She will not be taking any interviews until her package is released. We look forward to sharing, and we thank you all who have demonstrated a responsible community social media ethic in your anxious anticipation of adjudication!

In solidarity & empowerment, Jenny Meatballs
      2,000 miler