Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Chili Burrito

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Chili Burrito

This is not ultralight. It might be OK for a short section. I fill tortillas with canned chili. I prefer the chili without beans, but I might use chili with beans if that is all I find. A 15 ounce can makes for a large meal. I generally use a 10 ounce can.

They would probably be better with chopped onion and tomato, and shredded cheese.

No refrigeration and no cooking are required. To flatten the empty can, drop / push the lid into the can, set the can sideways on the ground, and step on the open end, and then the bottom.
      I am human and I need to be loved - just like everybody else does

The post was edited 2 times, last by WanderingStovie ().

• JimBlue wrote:

Dan76 wrote:

odd man out wrote:

when I was in grad school I was partial to chili and rice. Put a pile of rice on your plate and mold it into the shape of a bowl. Then fill the cavity with chili.
      beats ramon
      Everything beats ramen.
      It's a mistake to think that ramen = instant ramen. From July 1971 to February 1972 I lived in Sapporo Japan which was at the time considered to be the ramen capital of the world. There was a ramen shop on every corner selling ramen for the equivalent of about $0.35 per bowl. They would often have their noodle maker in the front window so you could watch them make the hand pulled noodles. It was very cool to watch (see video below). The most famous ramen shop in the city was a wooden shack at the end of a side alley. You would never find it unless someone takes you there. Boy was that great.