Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

More random Rambling

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• More random Rambling

This has been a tough month and as a 55 year old...I wanted to share why I went a "little" down hill last month and this one... I honestly do not have a plan for the inevitable, but I am constantly reminded. My dad had a very difficult operation that was just after the cusp of experimental operations two years ago at Jefferson in Phila. He had a odd operation where a section of small intestine is converted into a small bladder to replace an aggressive cancerous real bladder. Jeff has only done 75+ operations up to now, Stents are added to the kidneys are added to continue the flow.

Fast forward,
      He bought two years, this week the badder was removed a 6-12 inches of large intestine was removed and he is now in the worst mental state of his biggest fear - Being on a bag or three bags. Nobody can be ready for the current end of life,,,, as difficult as it is I embrace my family and support from my friends. As he exited Christiana Hosp in New Castle, My mom went in to get a valve or orator operation. My brother's - I have two who are big hikers stood up to the challenge and delivered.

I just wanted to share what was going on and please understand that I am going thru a personal hell supporting my parents.... I honestly feel like an idiot. I love them so much
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup: