Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

GSMNP Kids Hike

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GSMNP Kids Hike

I'm taking my daughters on a three night AT hike in the Smokies during August. We are getting a shuttle from Big Creek Ranger station to Clingmans Done and will hike the 42 miles back to the car. First night at Icewater Spring shelter then Tri-Corner knob then creek side just north of Davenport gap. It's my favorite part of the Smokies.
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Rasty wrote:

I'm taking my daughters on a three night AT hike in the Smokies during August. We are getting a shuttle from Big Creek Ranger station to Clingmans Done and will hike the 42 miles back to the car. First night at Icewater Spring shelter then Tri-Corner knob then creek side just north of Davenport gap. It's my favorite part of the Smokies.
      Y'all will have a great time. That is a really nice hike. I think Tri Corner is the most remote shelter in the Smokies.

It looks like I will get to hike with both my girls in a few weeks...getting super excited.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • Rasty wrote:

How old are your girls? I really enjoyed the one I have...but she's all grown up now but left me with a lot of memories.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Drybones wrote:

Rasty wrote:

How old are your girls? I really enjoyed the one I have...but she's all grown up now but left me with a lot of memories.
      one 15 and one that will be 17 in August
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • I took my daughter on a two night trip to North Manitou Island of Sleeping Near Dunes National Lakeshore when she was 17. Its a smsll island so we didnt do too many miles. We did have theventire south end ofvthe island to ourselves the first night. Unfortunately she didn't seem to maintain an interest in backpacking.
    • Rasty wrote:

Drybones wrote:

Rasty wrote:

one 15 and one that will be 17 in August
      I'm sorry. :D

(Actually, my daughters were much easier to raise than my son).
      Lost in the right direction.