Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Appalachian Trail Medal

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• max.patch wrote:

LIhikers wrote:

Anybody know the size of the medal?
      Maybe I'll get one and make a necklace for Kathy by removing the ribbon and adding a chain
      better hurry -- they had 25 when i posted the picture and right now they are down to 6.
      For a thru hiker, these Appalachian Trail Medals are a timeless keep sake to commemorate the amazing accomplishment of completing their hike. For a collector and AT enthusiast, they are a quality made piece of memorabilia to treasure. 3.5 inches in diameter and weigh 4.5 oz. Each medal comes with a matching 1.5 inch ribbon and is individually wrapped in a plastic bag.

mountaincrossings.com/ATmedal-…al.htm?platform=hootsuite
      I just bought 4 so I can at least vet a few folks :D coarse I'll have to add a handling fee.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Dan76 wrote:

max.patch wrote:

i think the medals should be presented at harpers ferry with an olympic style ceremony, national anthems and all.
      prefer a podium presentation similar to the TdFrance ceremony complete with podium girls. Of course for TJ, perhaps a couple of guys from TOS would suffice.
      There's a certain someone who can kiss both my cheeks. ;)
      I tried to like that twice but couldn't....one for each cheek.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Dan76 wrote:

max.patch wrote:

i think the medals should be presented at harpers ferry with an olympic style ceremony, national anthems and all.
      prefer a podium presentation similar to the TdFrance ceremony complete with podium girls. Of course for TJ, perhaps a couple of guys from TOS would suffice.
      There's a certain someone who can kiss both my cheeks. ;)
      I tried to like that twice but couldn't....one for each cheek.
      reminds me of a comic strip: Grin & Bare It
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference