Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Southern Maine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Southern Maine

Kathy and I have started planning our up-coming short section hike of the AT in Maine.
      It looks like we'll hike from where the trail crosses route 4, near Rangeley, to Grafton Notch, where we'll leave the car.
      We've got our shuttle arranged as well as a night in a campground for the night between our drive up there and our shuttle to the start. We've ordered some meals from Hawk Vittles and will get the rest of what we want/need from the local supermarket and Trader Joes. From looking at the maps it appears that we won't be able to make it from one shelter to the next each day due to the mountains making it harder than we're used to. I guess we'll be doing a lot of stealth camping. I'm starting to get excited, as I was last year too, because Maine seemed sooooooo far away when we started doing this back in 2001. But keep in mind, we only started in Harper's Ferry. Our plan has always been to do the northern half of the trail by the time we retire and then do the southern half as one journey. It's starting to look like it may actually work out that way. :)