Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Astro on the AT 2016

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• max.patch wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Astro wrote:

At Green Mountain Hostel in Manchester Center, VT. Wonderful place and Jeff seems like a great guy. Loved getting to eat in town, taking a shower, and finally washing clothes! :thumbup: . Plan is to make it to Hanover, NH in a week.
      and the Ben and Jerrys ice cream that comes with the stay. Jeff's is where I took my first zero. The ice cream made me do it. :)
      there was a ben and jerrys store in town that in addition to the regular menu sold "seconds" for $1.25 a pint. no one ever mentions that anymore so i'm guessing the store closed or they don't sell the rejects anymore. manchester center is a great town.
      Now you've done it. Next year I'll have to go Killington via Manchester. :D
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • Astro wrote:

I am at The Inn at Long Trail. This definitely is not the Doyle! :thumbup:
      the inn is great. great food. i stayed there when i section hiked VT, and liked it so much i returned a few year later and stayed there 5 nights when skiing at killington.

just 5 miles or so up the trail is mountain meadows lodge which is another great place to stay. its too bad they are so close together and hikers have to choose one or the other. i returned there too. caveat - they have new owners since my last stay.
      2,000 miler
    • jimmyjam wrote:

Astro wrote:

Oh man, I really liked that place. Have a bowl of the stew and a Long Trail beer for me. What did you think of the trail up Killington? Did you take the side trail to the peak?
      I wish I could have found a bad weather or by-pass trail. Would definitely been tempting.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • max.patch wrote:

Astro wrote:

the inn is great. great food. i stayed there when i section hiked VT, and liked it so much i returned a few year later and stayed there 5 nights when skiing at killington.
      just 5 miles or so up the trail is mountain meadows lodge which is another great place to stay. its too bad they are so close together and hikers have to choose one or the other. i returned there too. caveat - they have new owners since my last stay.
      15-18 instead of 5 miles and I definitely would be there tomorrow.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

At Green Mountain Hostel in Manchester Center, VT. Wonderful place and Jeff seems like a great guy. Loved getting to eat in town, taking a shower, and finally washing clothes! :thumbup: . Plan is to make it to Hanover, NH in a week.
      It's a great hostel and Jeff is great people, he let me park my car there for the week free of charge. I stayed there the night before my hike, got a shuttle from there to Woodstock and then hiked back to Manchester center.

I knew you were going to be somewhere in the area and had hoped that maybe you and I would have crossed paths since I was hiking south.

Astro wrote:

I wish I had the chance to stop by the Inn as well, but with how I planned the section it just didn't work out logistically.
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.