Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

RPH Cabin Volunteers Club July Work Week End

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RPH Cabin Volunteers Club July Work Week End

It's that time of year again folks..........................................copied from TOS

Hi All Tim Messerich Here,
      One more time July 8,9,10 RPHCVC will be hosting trail maintenance, tree planting,water bars,bridge painting,stone work and a whole lot more! The BBQ will be going for all three days. "No one leaves unfed" Stop on down for all three days or just for one. All skill levels of trail restoration are welcome."Come on down and seat awhile." This makes our 16th year of doing kool stuff for AT hikers!
      RPH Cabin is located north of Grey-more and Fahnestock State park. We are just down the trail from Taconic State Park Way and Miller Hill RD in East Fishkill NY.
      For more info please contact Bascomgrillmaster (97) at email bascomgrillmaster@yahoo.com or call 845-297-9573 for the latest info
    • The annual weekend BBQ and work outing at the RPH Cabin shelter is sheduled this year, 2020, for July 10, 11,12.
      Will it happen this year? I don't know, check the website RPHCABIN.org for e-mail addresses of people who would know.
      For any of you that have attended in the past you know this is a great weekend that benefits the trail.
    • LIhikers wrote:

The annual weekend BBQ and work outing at the RPH Cabin shelter is sheduled this year, 2020, for July 10, 11,12.
      Will it happen this year? I don't know, check the website RPHCABIN.org for e-mail addresses of people who would know.
      For any of you that have attended in the past you know this is a great weekend that benefits the trail.
      I got a message from them that the Shelter opening weekend is Canceled................knowing Tim, Bill, and Carlo, and Jim as I do, that place will be ready when The Gov and Laurie say GO!
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:
    • LIhikers wrote:

The annual weekend BBQ and work outing at the RPH Cabin shelter is sheduled this year, 2020, for July 10, 11,12.
      Stopped there once for a short break, others were ordering pizza, but I kept moving on. BBQ, now that would have been something else.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • CoachLou wrote:

LIhikers wrote:

I got a message from them that the Shelter opening weekend is Canceled................knowing Tim, Bill, and Carlo, and Jim as I do, that place will be ready when The Gov and Laurie say GO!
      Yep, they're a dedicated bunch.
    • Astro wrote:

LIhikers wrote:

Stopped there once for a short break, others were ordering pizza, but I kept moving on. BBQ, now that would have been something else.
      Yep, they put on quite a shin dig there every July.
      Work all day and then eat all evening.
      It usually draws a pretty good sized crowd.
      Quite often they are able to get the thru hikers to donate a day of labor to the cause, in exchange for food :D :D
      This year? Who knows what's gonna happen.

The post was edited 1 time, last by LIhikers ().