Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Powdered Peanut butter

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• We were in Venice and the mom and pop restaurants were full. Had to get reservations well in advance. In a city like Venice the neighborhood makes a big difference. I would guess most American fast food franchises are in the touristy parts of town. This was especially noticeable in Venice. One minute we were walking through a deserted piazzale with quaint restaurants and a minute later we were in a sea of tourists at the Rialto Bridge.
    • Back when I went to Italy, aboard a Navy ship, there were no fast food places. Just good mom and pop restaurants in Napoli. Well, there might have been some tourist placves, but I didn't go to them. I ordered a plate of spaghetti with meatballs. I could barely move when I was done.
      --
      "What do you mean its sunrise already ?!", me.
    • Rasty wrote:

Dan76 wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

got any powdered jelly to go with that powdered peanut butter?
      Don't forget to get dehydrated bread.
      I think those are called crackers
      Try Gluten Free bread (or better yet don't) it tastes the way that I imagin dehydrated bread would.
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • odd man out wrote:

We were in Venice and the mom and pop restaurants were full. Had to get reservations well in advance. In a city like Venice the neighborhood makes a big difference. I would guess most American fast food franchises are in the touristy parts of town. This was especially noticeable in Venice. One minute we were walking through a deserted piazzale with quaint restaurants and a minute later we were in a sea of tourists at the Rialto Bridge.
      We spent almost half if our day in Venice getting drunk at an Irish pub full of Englishman. I'm confident that I learned more and had a better time B.S.inf with those guys than I ever would have had by walking around the tourist sites all day. The drunken gondola ride afterwards was fun too.

I will admit that we went to McDonalds in Florence, but that was only so that I could say I had a beer at McD's.
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.