Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

ULA mesh repair

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ULA mesh repair

I tore a hole in the big mesh back pocket on my Ohm a couple weekends back. Has anyone here had to repair that stuff before and if so, any recommendations? I've haven't bothered to even look at it since, but it came across my mind tonight. Right now I'm thinking about super gluing the ends of the tear (half dollar sized) and sewing something inside and out to cover the hole.
      If your Doctor is a tree, you're on acid.
    • Foresight wrote:

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that the mesh and bushwhacking are incompatible.
      Pretty much. Chris from ULA is great with customer service. For a small fee, he can (and has) sewn on the robic fabric to make a a heavier duty pocket.

If I did more bushwhacking, as opposed to the more benign off-trail hiking here, I'd seriously consider it.

Something to think about anyway for the future.

re: Frogg Toggs

Even more so! :O
    • Another thing that does not work well with bushwhacking is carrying a mattress pad hanging outside your pack. :(

But, hey after the thorn holes, it helped me justify buying my first NeoAir XLite. :)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • PaulMags wrote:

Foresight wrote:

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that the mesh and bushwhacking are incompatible.
      Pretty much. Chris from ULA is great with customer service. For a small fee, he can (and has) sewn on the robic fabric to make a a heavier duty pocket.
      If I did more bushwhacking, as opposed to the more benign off-trail hiking here, I'd seriously consider it.

Something to think about anyway for the future.

re: Frogg Toggs

Even more so! :O
      Thanks! I'm thinking of getting a smaller pack for the bushwhack trips since their shorter anyway. I'll see about having this done then and keep the ohm as is.
      If your Doctor is a tree, you're on acid.
    • Foresight wrote:

I tore a hole in the big mesh back pocket on my Ohm a couple weekends back. Has anyone here had to repair that stuff before and if so, any recommendations? I've haven't bothered to even look at it since, but it came across my mind tonight. Right now I'm thinking about super gluing the ends of the tear (half dollar sized) and sewing something inside and out to cover the hole.
      Sounds like a good justification for a new Granite Gear Crown 60 to me...you'll love the stretchy mesh pockets on those.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.