Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

10 Year Old Camps Full Year

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 10 Year Old Camps Full Year

It sounds like this kid learned a lot more than just how to tough it out in his tent. :) I'm sure he had many nights where he was tempted to sneak inside the house, but kudos to him for sticking with his goals!
      There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

I live in a tent 3-3.5 months out of the year... There were a few tough moments the first year (like when the wind was so strong, the tent wrapped around me like a burrito), but I've acclimated. Year-round? Not sure if I would want to do that. I do like indoor plumbing. :lol:
      There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

grayblazer wrote:

When I was a wannabee hippie in the early 70's we were gonna live in a tent. I'm kinda glad we didn't.

Hey GB - Lived in a tent out west of Gainesville for 4 months. Jan - April behind the Crom Corporations shop and equipment yard. It would get down to 16º at night. We had a cabin tent that we blocked off half of it with blankets, covered it in plastic and ran 600' of electric cord out into the woods and ran a heater. Slept in t-shirt and underwear with my arms out of the sleeping bag. The other non-heated half of the tent was the dressing room. That part was not fun. But hey, it was G-ville. #1 party town in the nation. It was worth it. Oh yeah, forgot - 1975.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

WaterRat wrote:

I live in a tent 3-3.5 months out of the year... There were a few tough moments the first year (like when the wind was so strong, the tent wrapped around me like a burrito), but I've acclimated. Year-round? Not sure if I would want to do that. I do like indoor plumbing. :lol:

The printed page and the transister may be the greatest inventions of all time, but indoor plumbing is still one of my favorites!
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General