Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned Introduce Yourself

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re:Re: Introduce Yourself

OzJacko wrote:

Hadn't thought about deleting pics.
      Inclined not to as it is still a great source of info for newbies and I am not that far past being one.
      I don't go there anymore.
      The strict moderation of a humour thread just totally pissed me off.

I still go there.....to look at pics, see if any friends have posted and to get a charge out of any red painting.............................oh that reminds me....I got a PM once about using that term...."Red Paint".............what a joke
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:

CoachLou wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

Hadn't thought about deleting pics.
      Inclined not to as it is still a great source of info for newbies and I am not that far past being one.
      I don't go there anymore.
      The strict moderation of a humour thread just totally pissed me off.

I still go there.....to look at pics, see if any friends have posted and to get a charge out of any red painting.............................oh that reminds me....I got a PM once about using that term...."Red Paint".............what a joke

Red paint, just like when the movie Reds came out in the 80s, my first take was they are showing their true colors. I also agree with your previous post about how we vote everyday with our dollars.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General

CoachLou wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Hi Everyone I'm jimmyjam. I didn't see this thread yesterday when I started posting. It's nice to be here with all the other WB "outcasts". I've been an outdoors person my whole life. I was first introduced to the AT as a college freshman and hiked bits and pieces in SW VA around VT. Last year I started section hiking the AT in earnest and logged around 400 miles last year. I can probably only do short hikes this year, but in 2015 I will return to long sections and hope to finish the trail then. I also hike out west in Bryce, Grand Canyon, and Cedar Mesa.

Welcome. How does one become a WB outcast?

I think by saying what is on your mind. I didn't get kicked off, but I noticed a couple of my posts just "disappeared". And they weren't mean or anything, they were in the humor forum and poking fun at some.

I had many posts disappear. Then the closing of the Cafe' over Wiener jokes was the last straw. I'm sorry, we are adults, But I guess the children that run the other place need to be the boss. Then someone posted a thread liking our current Administration to the WB administration and I jumped on that band wagon, knowing I'd get a time out. Sure enough.....red paint....and a PM....."Coach Lou, you know better. 1 week moderated".....1 week later I get another PM.....'I week up, moderation lifted.....Happy Thanksgiving!"..........You must be F-in' kidding me!!!! Fine....no more donations............this is America, that is the only thing I can do. Money talks, their Bullshit walks. Any more communist crap from them....my gallery is emptied. I already know how to boil water anyway, and I'll carry powdered Gatorade and leave the pickle juice at home.

I repeat my rant in an abbreviated form:

I had a post deleted that was nothing more than supporting a friend of Inchworm and saying I would pray for the situation. He said I was going after some other person. I do not wish eternal damnation on anyone, but his reaction to my post makes me wonder...
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.
    • Introduce Yourself

Hey- My name is Just Bill-

My parents are both members of the hiking community, although their divorce and ongoing hatred of each other hit me hard; I like to think that I got some great stuff from each of them!

My Mom is a pretty hot (but frequently bothered) gal who likes to help out hikers and is very enthusiastic, loving and supportive. I also like to help hikers out when I can.

My Dad is grumpy guy who can't remember my name and recently changed his name to avoid support payments. His insults are very enthusiastic, clever, and his humor is a great source of vinegar used by Rasty and Woo in various barbeque marinades. I hope to one day master his concise communication style.

My mom couldn't handle this place, and my Dad had to move out of the other place so I am kinda caught in between. My Dad seems to have found a home here so I thought I'd stop by. It looks during his recent opening in his schedule he had time to visit glamour shots and his new picture looks great!

I enjoy hiking and backpacking so much that I spend my free time talking about hiking and backpacking rather than hiking or backpacking.

A few other things about me-

According to a recent poll of the entire hiking community, odds are 2-1 that I am telling the truth. (Although maybe Rasty can look into how a lone person can vote 4 times).

I'm a packsniffer but easily fooled by Fabreeze or Dr. Bronner's.

I'm a know it all, but I'm not sure if my Dad's new name is Latin or Spanish so I guess I don't know it all, but I do know a lot more than most.

I like just about everyone, even my Dad.

I love to stop and smell the flowers.

75% is the correct answer.

I have three year old and one on the way- so I won't be online as much.

I enjoy writing 100% true stories about bullshit.

I am from Chicago, so I always put embellish on my hot dogs, but never catsup.

I prefer talking in front of someone's back.

I am funny looking.

I currently hold the Dr. Bronner's Peppermint flavored one quart speed brushing record. ONE BRUSH, ONE HAND, ONE TOOTH- PRAISE THE ALL ONE MOUTH!

My ego is very large so I like to post stupid stuff online in order to keep it in check.

Saving someone's life is a good idea, but talking about it is not.

I love to write obnoxiously long posts, but since I read and write faster than most I spend the same amount of time typing as most folks do so putting in "the big word counts" is just the way I post, PYOP I guess.

I have mad sewing skills, unless compared to people that have any sewing skills.

You'd probably like me better in real life unless you got to know me.

I prefer Dos Equis Amber, unless Negro Modelo is available.

Good to know-http://style.org/unladenswallow/

I am actually welcome in the Women's forum.

I only started posting last spring; so I don't actually know all of you as well as you think.

My wife is a better pool player than I am, and according to Woo that's saying a lot.

My ass looks fantastic in an M50 skirt.

I am not offended Astro, since recently learning that you are a woman, I would prefer to be touched.

A Ford Tempo is the key to speed hiking- but only because they break down a lot and you have to walk everywhere. (Matt Kirk has a Ford Tempo on blocks in his front lawn.)

While my wife and I are not swingers (not my choice); however I greatly enjoy staying with swingers whenever I am on trail as my wife does not backpack.

My dad will not read past the first line, but will know intuitively to comment on any portion of this post as if he had read the whole post.

According to an about to occur poll- this is the greatest first post of all time.
    • Introduce Yourself

Just Bill wrote:

My parents are both members of the hiking community, although their divorce and ongoing hatred of each other hit me hard; I like to think that I got some great stuff from each of them!

My Mom is a pretty hot (but frequently bothered) gal who likes to help out hikers and is very enthusiastic, loving and supportive. I also like to help hikers out when I can.

My Dad is grumpy guy who can't remember my name and recently changed his name to avoid support payments. His insults are very enthusiastic, clever, and his humor is a great source of vinegar used by Rasty and Woo in various barbeque marinades. I hope to one day master his concise communication style.

My mom couldn't handle this place, and my Dad had to move out of the other place so I am kinda caught in between. My Dad seems to have found a home here so I thought I'd stop by. It looks during his recent opening in his schedule he had time to visit glamour shots and his new picture looks great!

I enjoy hiking and backpacking so much that I spend my free time talking about hiking and backpacking rather than hiking or backpacking.

According to a recent poll of the entire hiking community, odds are 2-1 that I am telling the truth. (Although maybe Rasty can look into how a lone person can vote 4 times).

I'm a know it all, but I'm not sure if my Dad's new name is Latin or Spanish so I guess I don't know it all, but I do know a lot more than most.

I am funny looking.

I currently hold the Dr. Bronner's Peppermint flavored one quart speed brushing record. ONE BRUSH, ONE HAND, ONE TOOTH- PRAISE THE ALL ONE MOUTH!

My ego is very large so I like to post stupid stuff online in order to keep it in check.

I love to write obnoxiously long posts, but since I read and write faster than most I spend the same amount of time typing as most folks do so putting in "the big word counts" is just the way I post, PYOP I guess.

I have mad sewing skills, unless compared to people that have any sewing skills.

I only started posting last spring; so I don't actually know all of you as well as you think.

My wife is a better pool player than I am, and according to Woo that's saying a lot.

I am not offended Astro, since recently learning that you are a woman, I would prefer to be touched.

A Ford Tempo is the key to speed hiking- but only because they break down a lot and you have to walk everywhere. (Matt Kirk has a Ford Tempo on blocks in his front lawn.)

While my wife and I are not swingers (not my choice); however I greatly enjoy staying with swingers whenever I am on trail as my wife does not backpack.

My dad will not read past the first line, but will know intuitively to comment on any portion of this post as if he had read the whole post.

According to an about to occur poll- this is the greatest first post of all time.

i have a sneaking suspicion you bowl overhand,you can parallel park a freight train, and it was never your bad.
      welcome,just bill. good to have you here.
      its all good
    • Introduce Yourself

Just Bill wrote:

I am funny looking.

Your first post is not-nearly as good as the first posts that some dim wit deleted by mistake. I also have the record here for the first post ever. It was the brilliant "Test" post from Beavis and Butthead.

Welcome Billy-Bob
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Rasty wrote:

Just Bill wrote:

Why is a ginger the default picture anyway- who set up this bullshit site. gif.003

Your a genetic defect until you upload an avatar.

Some of us still are even after uploading an avatar! :woohoo: :S :pinch:

I got a house full of Gingers
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Introduce Yourself

Just Bill wrote:

I am funny looking.

you try too hard. not very funny. keep it pithy kid
    • Introduce Yourself

LoboSolo wrote:

Just Bill wrote:

I am funny looking.

I found it wanting of aviary references.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.
    • Introduce Yourself

LoboSolo wrote:

Just Bill wrote:

I am funny looking.

You are the Paterfamilias of Pithy...but this kids got it goin on!
      ...and I digs yous.
    • Introduce Yourself

LostAndFound wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

welcome to lost and found.
      man that sounds weird.

anybody lose a sock?

thanks for the welcome :)

long story behind that moniker but according to my family it fits.....just when they think they've lost me, much to their chagrin I show up again :dry: - shorten it to "laf" and it also happens to be my daughters initials
      That's pretty cool, Welcome Laf, love the avatar.